Happy Halloween Everyone.
High res version here.
Most of the known bugs and issues from the new Car update should be resolved now.
With this update I have reduced the amount of head bob, it should be easier on the eyes. This is something I have been meaning to do for a long time, but have overlooked it each time I went to fix other more pressing issues.
I have also changed the Player Storage to use the same type of menu as Vehicle Storage. It should be a lot easier to manage now that you don’t have to reopen it with each item moved. I have also added the ability for players to use items from it as well.
In r149 I finally tracked down the pet duplication bug, as well as a duplication bug with vehicle inventory.
For a more detailed list of Change Logs you can check out the Change Log section of the Dev Forums.
Patch Notes: r150
- Upgraded the player storage menu to the new style (partial refresh)
- Changed player storage to take vehicle weight into account
- Reduced head bob
This is the 3rd and final part to the planned features for the new Car update, plus a bonus feature.
I have now added the ability to select body groups and skins for player models. The selection will be saved to the players profile. Not all the models in the menu have body groups, but this will work regardless of the addon. I have added Enhanced Citizens V3 to the server collection, and have also added a new file to the server’s lua autorun that will auto download this addon for the player.
The Car Update:
The biggest feature for this update is vehicle damage and repair.
How it works:
If a vehicle gets below 50% it will consume more gas then normal, the lower it gets the more it will use up. at 2 HP it will use up roughly 10x the amount of gas.
Only Engineers with a toolbox can repair vehicles, and it will use up one scrap per HP. The higher the Construction skill the faster the repair and a chance at not consuming scrap per HP point. The repair process can be stopped by pressing E on the vehicle. Players that have been added as co owners using the “Keys” will be able to repair the vehicle as well by equipping hands/keys and pressing R on the vehicle.
Basic Skill Rates:
Level 0 = 1hp/4sec (0% chance of saving scrap)
Level 1 = 1hp/2sec (10% chance)
Level 2 = 1hp/1sec (20% chance)
Level 3 = 1hp/0.667sec (30% chance)
Level 4 = 1hp/.5sec (40% chance)
Level 5 = 1hp/.4sec (50% chance)
Once a vehicle reaches 0 HP it will stop working.
- Moved the position of the Weight text over on the inventory screen
- Fixed new vehicles being able to kill combine
- Fixed issue with some new persistent items not starting with a HP
- Added Bodygroup and skin options to player models in Profiles
- Added vehicle damage system
- Fixed Admin Overrides not synching when joining
- Added Vehicles to Wasteland Radar (Flashy yellow dots)
- Added Car Hulls to Wasteland Radar (Grey dots)
- Tweaked Wasteland Radar Hud dots
- Reduced the default rate of the rad storms
- Added ability to use weapons in car seats
- Blocked PHys Gun from picking things up while player is in a vehicle
Part 2 of the new car updates. This update changes the vehicles to be persistent and to have individual inventories. They will also store gas as well now, so when you pick up your vehicle it will retain its level of fuel. Each type of vehicle has a different tank size. They are also set to track their health as well, but the damage system is not in place yet.
One note on the vehicle inventory, it will follow the vehicle. So if you put a bunch of items into a car and then sell that car to another player they will get the items as well.
This is the 2nd of the 3 planned updates for vehicles, the next will be vehicle damage.
The method of doing this allows me to make any persistent item into a storage unit pretty easily. There are a few functionality losses and gains with this compared to the old system. Since the old car inventory system is not gone I have converted everyone’s existing car inventory to their player inventory.
- Added New Persistent Storage
- Added Vehicles to use new storage system
- Fixed some issues with persistent items and WorldCache
- Added a function to migrate the old car inventory to player inventory.
- Fixed Airboat not set to correct ent name
- Fixed Jeep not set to correct ent name
- Removed “Send to Car” from Equipment Menu
- Removed “Send to Car” from player Inventory
- Removed the ability to spawn items directly from car inventory.
- Added ability to move bulk items to and from the new inventory (including tools)
- Added ability to use items directly from the car inventory.
- Removed all the old car inventory code
- Added upgrade function that only needs to be run once by the server owner to convert old car inventory to player inventory.
Part 1 of the new car system is finally done. This system changes how players will be able to get vehicles in PostNukeRP. This update also marks the first time that we will depend on the content of a Workshop addon by default: Doc’s Half-Life 2 Driveable Vehicles. With this we are able to bring the vehicle count to about 26 now.
Inventory per vehicle was not able to be added into this update with how much work we spent on building and testing this, that feature is planned for Part 2 and will be started on shortly after this update.
The system is pretty in depth but strait forward. On the map there is a chance that Car Hulls will spawn, these are typically the destroyed vehicle bodies seen in the Q menu. At this moment there are only two that will spawn on the map at any given time. (10% chance every time the resource spawner runs). These “Hulls” will spawn with a condition between 15-75%.
- Players will need a toolbox in order to use the hulls.
- Scavengers and Engineers have a chance at recovering parts from these hulls, all other classes only get resources.
- Scavenger have a better base chance at getting resources.
- Engineers have a better base chance at getting parts.
- Part recovery is affected by the Salvaging skill.
- Resource recovery is affected by the Scavenging skill.
- Engineers can recover the hull for use in building.
- Hulls have to be 25% or greater to recover parts from and 50% or greater to have the hull recovered.
- Scavenging a hull removed its ability to be recovered.
- Every time a part is recovered it reduces the hull by 25%, 10% for failed attempts, and reduced when resources are recovered.
- To build a specific vehicle you will need to find the hull for it.
- Once the Hull is recovered a Engineer can use the hull to see what it can be made into and what resources are needed.
- The needed resources can be either in the player’s inventory or laying by the hull.
- Another player can build the hull for you as long as all the parts by the hull are the same owner as the hull. The player building the hull does not have to own it.
- Each vehicle has different costs and different stats.
The /carseat command has also been updated to work with every vehicle other than the airboat.
Thats pretty much it, happy hunting.
- Added new Build-A-Car system
- By default PostNukeRP needs the mod (Doc’s Half-Life 2 Driveable Vehicles)
- Added Car Hulls (bodies)
- Added Oil (part)
- Added Car Tire (part)
- Added Car Door (part)
- Added Car Muffler (part)
- Added Car Axle (part)
- Changed Makeshift Engine’s name to Old Car Engine
- Changed Old Car Engine. No longer made, has to be found.
- Fixed bug that allowed players to pick up other player’s vehicles
- Fixed bugs related to Vendor Display Items
- Fixed carseats not being removed when vehicle was removed
- Added new function PNRP.FindNearbyItems( ent ). Returns items 150 around ent that are in the itembase.
- Added new function PNRP.UseNearbyParts( Tbl, ent, ply ). If parts listed are near ent it will use them. Tbl is ment to be return from ToolCheck
- Added new function PNRP.GetFullInventorySimple( ply ). Returns invnetory from both systems for a player. Used for tool checks
- Added new function PNRP.UsePlayerParts( Tbl, ply ). Similar to the old method of using parts, but will use needed items from persistent system. Tbl is ment to be return from ToolCheck
- Fixed error with vendors overwriting items
- Reduced the weight of the knife
Should be the last of the WorldCache duplication issues. As usual “r” releases are pushed to the “Unstable” branch of the PNRP GitHub
- F2 on vehicles uses the new PNRP.SearchItembase()
- Fixed persistent tool dupe in PNRP.GetAllTools( ply )
Figured I would continue the picture series .
Now that the Admin Menu is done for the most part I have started on the new Vehicle stuff.
I have made some pretty good progress with the new system. Building vehicles will be alot more detailed and this system will actually give players another means in getting resources on the map.
I will also be working on persistent inventory for vehicles. This means that each car will have its own inventory. The existing inventory will append to player inventory until all the old items are moved out.
We will also be adding support for Doc’s Half-Life 2 Drivable Vehicles. This system should also make it easier to add other custom vehicles to PNRP.
If you want to see a higher res version of the pic, you can find it here.
- Fixed players unable to put items in car inventory
Fixed WorldCache duplication
- Fixed Ammo glitch when dropping weapons
- Fixed Error when upgrading class skill
- Increased Temp God from 15 to 20 sec
- Added code to log kills within spawn area
- Added code to warn when players are attacked in spawn area and logs it
- Fixed exploit when using change class to get full HP
Admin Update Part 2.
This update has been pushed to the Unstable branch on GitHub. Patches to unstable will continue to have a “r” in patch for now.
This update brings the new Admin menu that lets admins edit players if they are online or off. Most aspects of the player can be edited with this menu and should help admins on servers.
- Fixed Colour tool use on NPC’s
- Fixed Material Tool usage on players
- Fixed Unbreakable being used on players
- Added new Player Admin Function