PostNukeRP – r145 Build-A-Car Part 2
Part 2 of the new car updates. This update changes the vehicles to be persistent and to have individual inventories. They will also store gas as well now, so when you pick up your vehicle it will retain its level of fuel. Each type of vehicle has a different tank size. They are also set to track their health as well, but the damage system is not in place yet.
One note on the vehicle inventory, it will follow the vehicle. So if you put a bunch of items into a car and then sell that car to another player they will get the items as well.
This is the 2nd of the 3 planned updates for vehicles, the next will be vehicle damage.
The method of doing this allows me to make any persistent item into a storage unit pretty easily. There are a few functionality losses and gains with this compared to the old system. Since the old car inventory system is not gone I have converted everyone’s existing car inventory to their player inventory.
- Added New Persistent Storage
- Added Vehicles to use new storage system
- Fixed some issues with persistent items and WorldCache
- Added a function to migrate the old car inventory to player inventory.
- Fixed Airboat not set to correct ent name
- Fixed Jeep not set to correct ent name
- Removed “Send to Car” from Equipment Menu
- Removed “Send to Car” from player Inventory
- Removed the ability to spawn items directly from car inventory.
- Added ability to move bulk items to and from the new inventory (including tools)
- Added ability to use items directly from the car inventory.
- Removed all the old car inventory code
- Added upgrade function that only needs to be run once by the server owner to convert old car inventory to player inventory.
Posted by: Eldar Storm on Sunday, July 19th, 2015 at 5:41 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback
from your own site.