More of a hotfix than anything. There was a k missing in a single variable that was causing errors with Scavengers. Amazing what one little k in one place can cause such problems.
Some more bug fixes, and few exploits removed, and a new feature. The skills menu has now been replaced with Player Profile.
Player Model, Color, and Weapon Color will update after pressing the “Update Player Model” button without the need to respawn.
You guessed it, more fixes. There were still some instances that needed converted to the new wrapper and some tools needed the convar conversion. So far everything seems to be working fine now.
I have also started adding a new feature suggested by LoudButton. From the Tab Menu (Score board) you can click on a player’s icona and it will open a new window with some more detailed info, including their steamid. Eventually there will be a report option, but for now you can more easily get a player’s steam id. The field is a text box so you can copy/past from it.
I have also been busy consolidating redundant itembase functions. Before too long I will start on the new inventory system. The new system will track damaged states and such of items picked up from the world. And don’t worry, there will not be a wipe. I will be writing a one time use function that will convert everyone’s inventory.
More fixes and some changes and cleanups.
I have removed some of the redundant itembase code. I have also added a new function that will replace some places were FindItemID is used. It is a shared function. I also moved some of the shared item related functions from shared.lua to itembase.lua. Rest should be covered in in the patch Notes.
Few more bug fixes.
I have also updated Wire, Wire Extras, Advanced Dupe, and Adv Dupe 2.
Note on Version Numbering
The version number method will probably change eventually, well at least after the gamemode is uploaded to GitHub. I am planning on uploading everything to GitHub, but it will be after PNRP has made it farther though the overhaul. The SVN on Google is now outdated, and still has some of the old exploits in it as well as the issues with Network Variables, so its not exactly stable.
Well there are several areas in the code that need work. Parts of PNRP were coded during some of the more broken periods of Garry’s Mod. Due to that there are some rather messy workarounds. Reason for some of the duplicated areas in the code, the inventory system for example.
When will it be uploaded?
Will be a while. With Lost’s work schedule and everything else I have going on we both dont have as much time as we used to, to work on the code. We will be working on it however our schedule though. We still have many changes and new additions planned for PNRP.
How can I help?
Report bugs and suggestions are always welcome. I can not really stress the bug reporting enough really. If you find any bug, please report them on the dev forums. I will try and patch them up as soon as I can. I have also added a Bug Report thread on the PNRP Steam Group. PostNukeRP Steam group is open, so anyone can join it. If you do not like using forums, posting here is a good alternative.
Find a Exploit?
PM them to me on the forums, or in Steam if you have me on your list. You should also be able to PM me though the PNRP Steam Group.
This update will not be on the SVN due to Google shutting down their SVN service. I will eventually be moving PNRP to GitHub. Once moved I will post the location and update the SVN links and info.
Rather a large update of sorts. Due to Garry’s Mod changing how Network Variables work, it basically broke a lot of systems within PNRP. I have changed PNRP over to Mista-Tea’s netwrapper. The netwrapper code is not included in the gamemode.
I have also patched ASSMod to use the new wrapper, thus extending its life a bit longer.
This update also includes the start of the over haul I have started on PNRP. The advantage with this is that I no longer have to work on two separate copies of PNRP, and do double the work.