More of a hotfix than anything. There was a k missing in a single variable that was causing errors with Scavengers. Amazing what one little k in one place can cause such problems.
- Fixed Error with Scavengers.
- Possible fix to a rare error with Alcohol
Some more bug fixes, and few exploits removed, and a new feature. The skills menu has now been replaced with Player Profile.
Player Model, Color, and Weapon Color will update after pressing the “Update Player Model” button without the need to respawn.
- Added new Player Profile Menu.
- Fixed duplicate inventory exploit.
- Fixed duplicate shop menu exploit. (These will also apply to some other duplicate menu exploits)
- Fixed Error with some models not showing in Player Profile
You guessed it, more fixes. There were still some instances that needed converted to the new wrapper and some tools needed the convar conversion. So far everything seems to be working fine now.
I have also started adding a new feature suggested by LoudButton. From the Tab Menu (Score board) you can click on a player’s icona and it will open a new window with some more detailed info, including their steamid. Eventually there will be a report option, but for now you can more easily get a player’s steam id. The field is a text box so you can copy/past from it.
I have also been busy consolidating redundant itembase functions. Before too long I will start on the new inventory system. The new system will track damaged states and such of items picked up from the world. And don’t worry, there will not be a wipe. I will be writing a one time use function that will convert everyone’s inventory.
- Fixed Error from miner.
- Fixed Admin overrides not working on tools.
- Fixed more ownership issues on some tools.
- Fixed Antlion Mounds not pulling spawner variables from the database.
- Fixed error that was being thrown on server side in the itembase. Had to move the UnBlock for loop.
- Added new Player Info window accessed from the Tab Menu (Click on the player’s Icon)
More fixes and some changes and cleanups.
I have removed some of the redundant itembase code. I have also added a new function that will replace some places were FindItemID is used. It is a shared function. I also moved some of the shared item related functions from shared.lua to itembase.lua. Rest should be covered in in the patch Notes.
- Added new function PNRP.SearchItembase( ent ). Will replace FindItemID in many places
- Added new ent variable ent.crafted. Seperate crafted items from spawned
- Added new Itembase variable AllowPunt. Punt block overide.
- Fixed issue with Voice Limiter
- Sawblade is now AllowPunt Overide
Few more bug fixes.
- Fixed Error with Bulk Item Boxes
- Fixed door ownership
- Changed default Tool settings to 4 (All)
- Fixed Pod Controller not being dissabled when no fuel
I have also updated Wire, Wire Extras, Advanced Dupe, and Adv Dupe 2.
Note on Version Numbering
The version number method will probably change eventually, well at least after the gamemode is uploaded to GitHub. I am planning on uploading everything to GitHub, but it will be after PNRP has made it farther though the overhaul. The SVN on Google is now outdated, and still has some of the old exploits in it as well as the issues with Network Variables, so its not exactly stable.
Well there are several areas in the code that need work. Parts of PNRP were coded during some of the more broken periods of Garry’s Mod. Due to that there are some rather messy workarounds. Reason for some of the duplicated areas in the code, the inventory system for example.
When will it be uploaded?
Will be a while. With Lost’s work schedule and everything else I have going on we both dont have as much time as we used to, to work on the code. We will be working on it however our schedule though. We still have many changes and new additions planned for PNRP.
How can I help?
Report bugs and suggestions are always welcome. I can not really stress the bug reporting enough really. If you find any bug, please report them on the dev forums. I will try and patch them up as soon as I can. I have also added a Bug Report thread on the PNRP Steam Group. PostNukeRP Steam group is open, so anyone can join it. If you do not like using forums, posting here is a good alternative.
Find a Exploit?
PM them to me on the forums, or in Steam if you have me on your list. You should also be able to PM me though the PNRP Steam Group.
This update will not be on the SVN due to Google shutting down their SVN service. I will eventually be moving PNRP to GitHub. Once moved I will post the location and update the SVN links and info.
Rather a large update of sorts. Due to Garry’s Mod changing how Network Variables work, it basically broke a lot of systems within PNRP. I have changed PNRP over to Mista-Tea’s netwrapper. The netwrapper code is not included in the gamemode.
I have also patched ASSMod to use the new wrapper, thus extending its life a bit longer.
This update also includes the start of the over haul I have started on PNRP. The advantage with this is that I no longer have to work on two separate copies of PNRP, and do double the work.
- Added useable Ladder (Created by LiddulBOFH).
- Converted Most ConVars to the Database. Some of these still replicate to a convar as needed.
- Spawner settings are now per map and will use default settings when not set.
- Outside check now looks for HitSky, this should fix issues with large caves and buildings.
- Car inventory can now be access from using the ammo box on the back of the Jeep.
- Replaced Network Variables with Mista-Tia netwrapper link
- Fixed Community Names not displaying on players on in TAB menu
- Fixed storage and lockers being broken into by their owners.
- Fixed ownership issues of some props.
- Increased the height of player names.
- New zombie (nexbot) is included in the new code, but only spawnable by admins with overrides on. (This zombie can lag the server if it encounters a ladder)
- Several other fixes related to Network Variable conversion.