Goodbye old server, hello new Gmod Patch, and community news???
Few items today. The old PostNukeRP server though our old hosting service was slated to be cancelled on the 22nd. Instead of patching it with the newest version of GMod, I will be bringing it down as of this post. The new service is working great and the expanded slots have come in handy.
Apart from GMod Patch 95 beeing released, it seems garrysmod.com will no longer be the center for community news. From what Garry posted
I know a lot of people will miss the community news, but I really feel like I shouldn’t be in control of the community. The community should be feeding itself. So I want to try to get the old garrysmod.com news team to set up their own community site….
Will post the new link as soon as I find out anything.
Any rate, here are the GMod 95 Patch Notes:
- Added cloudscript weapons (in singleplayer)
- Added new Fretta gamemode Ascension
- Updated Trouble In Terrorist Town
- Updated Dogfight Arcade
- Can now comment on cloudscripts from the spawnmenu
- Fixed achievements showing wrong in main menu
- Fixed medic healing crash
- Fixed threaded bone crash
- Fixed rare env_shake crash
- [TTT] Fixed clientside NPC ragdolls not getting cleaned up when new round starts
- [TTT] Fixed weapon switcher showing empty when open during round restart or connection issues
- [TTT] Fixed occasional wrong voice indicator colours for fellow traitors
- [TTT] Added ttt_traitor_button: button entity only traitors can see and use, via their HUD
- [TTT] Added ttt_damageowner: lets mapper attribute damage dealt by any entity to a player
- [TTT] Added settings for fast weapon switch and for disabling weapon switcher auto-closing
- [TTT] Added charge-up alternate fire to Newton Launcher and made it quieter
- [TTT] Added silly hat for detectives on certain player models
- [TTT] Changed weapon switcher and pickup colour scheme to match role colours
- [TTT] Changed headshot multiplier to be lower for MAC10 and HUGE, higher for UMP
- [TTT] Changed UMP disorientation effect on the target to be stronger
- [TTT] Changed DNA Scanner to continue charging and auto-scanning while holstered
- [TTT] Changed C4 disarm time penalty for a wrong code to increase with the fuse time
- [TTT] Changed first round after map change to have a longer preparation time (ttt_firstpreptime) so more players can spawn
- [TTT] Changed Last Words to include very recent quickchat messages
- [TTT] Changed file organization: materials etc moved to gamemode content dir
- [DFA] Fixed a nasty bug in the camera code that caused erratic movements when turning sharply.