Maps.

Section related to maps and such.

Maps.

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:30 am

The maps we have are fun- but honestly they can get quite a bit old over time. I have an idea for a few if anyone would like to take a crack at em! (I've tried playing around with hammer editor and failed*) *miserably*

So I had an idea for an almost ENTIRELY antlion themed map. Basically just like a huge network of antlion tunnels and etc. with a small land area on top. There would be very few zombie spawn areas on this map but lots of Antlion & antlion mound areas. The tunnels themselves would all be like the ones in HL2 Episode 2, smooth and rounded rocks.

Another Idea is for a destroyed, or just evacuated city. I know- I know. "OMGCITY is one! you dumbass!" :roll:
Not what i had in mind. I was thinking a city like NYC. It could be an island city like NYC too, but all bridges leading out of the city are destroyed. :twisted:
If not bridges, than just have it so the rest of the city is sealed off by collapsed buildings. we do not have a really good urban themed map. I loved the mini city in pn_wasted waters, and in rp_apocalypse. If we could have that kind of thing on a larger, (map-wide) Scale, I would be Ecstatic. :mrgreen:

What if we had a map where the entire map was just one really big skyscraper, zombies would spawn in closets and basement and basically any room that is destroyed, most doors cannot be owned and basically the whole building can have materials spawn inside. Maybe there can be some out-door access, like a rooftop, maybe a balcony or two,- but no other outdoor areas. Basically its just as if an old building was discovered by a bunch of scavengers, and now they are trying to see if it has any supplies they can salvage. :)

I would build them myself if I could but I have niether the skills or time. If anybody else does, you would be my hero for making my dream maps come true. ;)
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: Maps.

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:37 am

Moved this to the maps section.

Good ideas on some maps. I have thought about doing a map set in a city as well.
As for maps made by me, I really need to complete my linup before adding to them.
Current map project will probably be completing Wasted Waters, not a whole lot more can be done to that map.

2n, I need to finish postnuke
After that I still have the other two I need to get to alpha.
Then start on the moon base one.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Ok, guess what? I've been asking for this map for a while. But everyone is like "Noooooooo, I wanna do my desert big wide maps for building and stuff", and I'm like "Bitch, give me some real buildings and some vertical movement!" Yeah, I'm with you on the urban map thing, but you may have to drag someone who knows how to map in, 'cause all our mappers are working on their own projects.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Well, there is the map I was going to make for CyberPunkRP. but it will not be themed for PNRP so much, but would work.
That map will be CyberPunk/Neo Tokyo theme. Think of Blade Runner for example.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Indeed. I do like the beginnings of that map. Just need taller buildings. ^^
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to Maps and Map Info