HL2.exe

Need some help with gamemode related stuff?

Re: HL2.exe

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:34 pm

The problem is, if this is a steam issue, then its beyond our control.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:53 pm

please fix this before some other bugs i know this happens to lots of people i always see people joining and disconnecting before even getting into the game ive been told by 2 NEW players this has happened to them please fix it SOON even if its a temp fix
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby Remnant John » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:54 pm

oh didnt see ur last post this is NOT a steam problem (sounds like im yelling XD) but it ONLY happens to this server
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:15 pm

I know this bug is frustrating, but please dont create duplicate threads, at least ones this new. Creating a new thread in a new place does not make me look at this any faster.

Here is what I put in the other thread.

If you are getting blue screens of death about memory errors, then you may need to run a diagnostic on your ram.

I am not sure this is acually caused by the gamemode, it could be corrupted cache issue though, try deleting your dua cache files. I am not saying all crashes are becouse of your computer, just that if your getting blue screens of death, that is usually caused by one of a few things (hardware issue like memory for example, or corrupted data on your drive).

Another thing about this, this has started recently. Started even before the last few hot fixes we pushed. This makes it seems like it could be a valve issue.

I will try and do more resurch on this.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Have you tried verifying your gaem cache?
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Could also be a steam server issue, found this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ight=logon
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Possible related issue.

For a while now me and Post have been tring to figure out some of the issues with waire on teh PNRP Live server. These issues do not happen on the Dev server, so this tells us that its not the gamemode breaking it. I have acually lost count of the times we have uploaded fresh copies of wire to try and fix this.

There is a possibility that the issue causing wire to break could be causing the other problem as well. The anoying solution to this, if this is the case for one or both, is to backup the servers data and have the hoster do a reload.

I had been putting this off since I was looking at another hoster, but with the issues we had with them on our Minecraft server, I am not confident of thier support staff.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby adamrd » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:06 pm

When ever I load into the server, it would load everything, normaly as it would, BUT... When its right about to let me into the game it crashes :(
Please help. :cry:
adamrd

Postby LostInTheWired » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Honestly, a strange glitch that I have no idea how to fix. We haven't been able to recreate the glitch in the controlled environment, so we really don't know what causes it. We hope, as the gamemode goes larger scale, that people will begin to track down the issue.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:04 am

is it just me or this happening a little less now?? it feels like it...or do i just play less? XD
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

PreviousNext

Return to PNRP Tech and Troubleshooting