What structure does what?

Need some help with gamemode related stuff?

What structure does what?

Postby tectyl12 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 am

I've been playin PSRP for a while, but have yet to discover a few things like, for example:

The Wasteland Radar?

How to get dem orange plants?

Can't remember anythin more atm cause me client is lagging as hell?

Sincerely
-Woothie
Oh, right. Is it possible to change ones forum name?
I would like to keep my username, as it is what I log in with everywhere.
Most of you know me as Woothie. I choose to call myself
Woothie, the source of awesomeness!!
tectyl12

Re: What structure does what?

Postby CmdZoidberg » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:19 am

From memory:

-The Wasteland Radar
This device activates a HUD radar which shows you the positions of NPC's in your vicinity. Unsure if this extends to players as I've yet to use the device myself yet, but in the tutorial video it looks quite good. Should be helpful in the dark, narrow corridors in Bunker.

-Ground Penetrating Radar
This device serves as an upgrade to your HUD radar, which shows the positions of scavenger nodes in your vicinity. Another handy tool for those who perhaps don't know the maps so well and don't know where to search for supplies.

-Miner
This one should be obvious as I know you've seen it. It mines Scrap and Small Parts at a rate that is proportionate to the Salvager Class' Miner skill. Though I think you only receive the benefit as long as you're using the class, much like Animal Husbandry with the Scientist. Also as a bonus, miners repel Antlions.

-Forge
The Forge is an Engineer tool which smelts small parts into scrap. Not too fond of this tool myself, as Small Parts are one of the most used resources in almost all construction blueprints. So why you'd want to melt them down into something that's more commonly available is a mystery to me...

-Wasteland Grub
These little worms are one of your best friends. Doesn't matter what class you are, make sure you have at least one. An infinite, yet slow giving supply of Chemicals will make acquiring food that little bit easier. Just don't place down too many worms at one time... Especially if you're a Scientist. You could end up lagging the server out.

-The Orange Plant
This one appears in the "Tools" section too if you can't find it. Looks like a little plant basically. Not sure on the species but oh well... Its green and its in a pot. Under the careful eyes of a Cultivator these things can help cut down the cost on food to almost nothing. 3 of these plants, fully upgraded with 40 Small Parts each will feed an entire community. Fertilize them too with 5 chemicals every now and then and you'll have left overs. LOTS of left overs.

-The Various Cooking Tools and Appliances
These ones are fairly obvious to even new players, they're tools required to make certain food types as a Cultivator.

I think that's everything... Hope this helped. If not, check the Server Tutorial or the Help Page (F1) in game to find out all the information you need.
CmdZoidberg

Re: What structure does what?

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:35 pm

Pretty much what Zoidberd said.
You can generally find most everything in the F1 menu.

As for the forum name, I think you can. Check your profile settings.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Tech and Troubleshooting