How do i add custom weapons, classes, items, and npc's

Need some help with gamemode related stuff?

How do i add custom weapons, classes, items, and npc's

Postby CocaneBiceps » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Hello my name is Brian, I have been Playing DarkRp for at-least a Year now I came across Pnrp while playing gmod after A month later i began to make a Pnrp server but the coding is different in my understanding but Im stuck on how to make Custom Jobs, Custom Weapons, Custom Items, Custom Armor, Custom Npc's, And Adding Vehicles.

Can Someone PLEASE create a Detailed and Simple Tutorial on how to do this, Thanks for anyone thats is willing to help me in this Situation I Appreciate it. :)
CocaneBiceps

Re: How do i add custom weapons, classes, items, and npc's

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Hello,

PNRP has it's own custom set of item / entity files. They are located within gamemodes/PostNukeRP/items or gamemodes/PostNukeRP/entities. Each file can be replicated and edited to use new items. I don't know the specifics of adding new vehicles, custom NPC's, custom armor, or custom jobs. But you can add new items and new weapons by copying the item and entity files and using them as a template for your new item.

I have tried adding vehicles before but failed due to the carseat function not working correctly.

Sorry I couldn't help with the above mentioned items, except for items and weapons. I'll see if a dev can reply sometime soon.

Thanks,
CrazyKid
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Adding weapons is as simple as creating another set of files for each weapon, if i remember correctly. you can PM one of the devs on here, find them on steam, or you can just wait for one of them to answer you here
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:08 pm

I will be replying in greater detail later. I am just posting to let you know I did notice it, but am dealing with a bit of a emergency and cant spend the needed time at the moment to respond adequately.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby CocaneBiceps » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:34 pm

I would like the same features as Frostburnt foundation but i know they would never release there server files ): so could you guys help me with that
CocaneBiceps

Postby eldarstorm » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:17 pm

The FF version of PNRP has been heavily modified and there is no simple way to change the base version of PNRP into the FF version without having their code.

What is your experience in coding and in Lua?
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby CocaneBiceps » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:14 pm

I have takin 2 classes in lua Scripting also can you provide me the link to the ff version i would love that also can you tell me how to make a weapon buildable only using the cnc machine in pnrp, Thanks
CocaneBiceps

Postby eldarstorm » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:19 pm

I do not have a copy or link to a copy of the FF version.

As for making a wep restricted to the workbench only,if my memory is correct.
Ypou will need to set ITEM.ShopHide = true in the weapon's item file, then you will need to add the ent name to the cnc's init.lua file. To the array that lists the things it can make.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Tech and Troubleshooting