Sequestration, Donations, and the Servers

Public area for PostNukeRP

Sequestration, Donations, and the Servers

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 am

I am sure everyone has heard about the budget issues with the government, and I know allot of people think that this will have no impact on their lives. Well, for everyone who plays on any of the TBU servers that I pay for (this is pretty much all of them but the DayZ server) this could mean the servers may have to go down for a while.

The sequestration will be affecting me, I will be taking a 20% pay cut from April to September. This means I may not be able to afford keeping the servers running. While I enjoy providing the free of charge servers for everyone, bills and such must come first.

So, for the first time, I am asking people to try and donate. If I get enough in donations to keep the servers running, I will do so. If not I may be forced to bring the servers down.

Also, keep in mind, this is all due to the budget issues. Issues that many think will not harm or affect “regular” people. The truth to it all is that the first and main people that government budget issue will affect are regular everyday people, middle class people, people like myself. The unfortunate fact is that the ones that everyone pictures that will be affected, people high up in Washington, will be the last to be affected.

EDIT: Possible "light" at the end of the tunnel. The furlough (one day without pay a week for 22 weeks) may not happen. There is talk of extending the current pay freeze another year. Basically for I think the 3rd year in a row gov employees will not get their 0.5% pay raise.

If this happens I will be able to continue paying fo rthe servers, but will still apreciate any donations if anyone still wishes to help
eldarstorm
Developer

Re: Sequestration, Donations, and the Servers

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:17 pm

So far the Donation drive is still on to keep the servers running. As of now they will still be cutting one day of work for 22 weeks starting next month.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Jezrin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:08 am

Is there a rank or anything you get form donating? I will probably still donate even if not, because I absolutely love the PostNuke server. Just a general question that i'd like someone to answer. :D
Jezrin

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:39 am

Thanks for your question, and the answer is that we do not sell donations. When you donate to our servers you get nothing for it in return except our appreciation and a *huge* thank-you! :D
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:44 am

No, we do not give rank or items for donation. This is mainly due to a decision me and LostInTheWired made in the beginning when building PNRP.
At the time Pay To Win games were just starting to gain ground in other parts of the gaming industry, and we were not a fan of this system.
We wanted all the players on the server to have equal footing on our servers and merit people for what they did and not what they payed.

Just a bit of background on our thought process with this and why we do not provide ranks and such for donating.
We posted a list of rules about donating here: http://radioactivecricket.com/?page_id=615 and its also placed on the TBU donation page (both go to the same place)

Hope that helps.

Edit: I see Crazy beat me to the draw on that one. Any rate, enjoy the history lesson :P
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP General Chat