new npc

Public area for PostNukeRP

new npc

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:04 am

I was wondering. What ever happened to the custom npc lost was making. Last I herd it was going well.

Did all the fuss for gmod 13 slow it to a hold?
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: new npc

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 am

Few things happened to it acually.
1. The model/texture for the zombie is a bit of a larg download for players. On GMod 12 we acually included the zombie, but did not spawn as a test. Everyone connecting abd trying to download was enough to bring the server down.

Did all the fuss for gmod 13 slow it to a hold?
Pretty much sums it up.

3. GMod 13 broke custom AI Schedules, so its probably a good thing we did not get it done. This is what causes the grubs to look around at times.

Are we planning on working on it again later?
Not sure. Will depend on how everything goes. If we do, we will probably use models from something else. Zombie Panic is free for example, and its content can be mounted into GMod, so that might be a option.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 am

I thought a great model would be stalker. Saves downloading another game and seems cool.

Also I have it on my head there new zombie was called a screacher. Not sire if my brain just made that up.

DevilsNipple

Postby Face » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:37 pm

DevilsNipple wrote:I thought a great model would be stalker. Saves downloading another game and seems cool.

Also I have it on my head there new zombie was called a screacher. Not sire if my brain just made that up.

The screacher, you say? Maybe they would work something like the ReDeads in the Legend of Zelda series.
Face
PNRP Server Admin

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:18 pm

that would actually work, stalker model looks very similar to ReDeads, an npc that will be slow moving but if your crosshair looks right at it your character gets stuck(stunned) and it will slowly move closer to you, you cannot move for 3 seconds so its best to not look at them close range, if you are within 3 seconds of its walking distance while stunned it will get a hit on you that deals 50 damage which can be fatal. The screams of the screacher can also draw attention to npcs further away than usual.

haha would be awesomely scary.

DevilsNipple

Postby Remnant John » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:01 am

bump, will this be recontinued? i vote for the zombie panic models
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 pm

The AI Scedule is still a issue as far as I know. And I had thought of the Zombie Panic models since its free.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:32 pm

AI schedules are currently still non-functional. Supposedly, a new, better system is in the works. We do desperately need a new, better system, but Garry has removed the old in the interim, which is pretty silly, in my opinion.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP General Chat