Ideas/bug-ish things

Public area for PostNukeRP

Ideas/bug-ish things

Postby DevilsNipple » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:21 pm

So along the way we have seen a few things now, we got some ideas and kind of bug reports, not alot though.

1. the 0.5 items thing and scrolling through numbers has been fixed, BUT inside the community locker you have to click up or down arrow keys everytime for the items, if you have like 100 items in there and wish to get them you need to click 100 times, scrolling on that again would help :)

2. Jamie suggested that with the suitcase idea when the zombie was killed. he thought the more items on you the bigger the zombie drop chest should be, drawing people into it if seen from affar.
For instance: i have nothing on me but 1 scrap and die, my zombie dies and it drops a small box/small suitcase. i then die having 1 gun and 20 scrap loss, the zombie dies and spawns a bigger case/box, and if i have say 3 guns and loose over 200 or something scrap the zombie dies to show a crate on the floor instead.

3. you have the way to stop gathering if a zombies about to hit you, but to stop gathering once started you still need to be looking in the rtegion of the thing your gathering. so making it so pressing the use key no matter where you look while gathering will stop it would be nice.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: Ideas/bug-ish things

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:10 am

1. You can hover over an item in your locker and it should tell you exactly how much of that item you have, therefore you can highlight the amount and set it to what you have.

2. Could be possible, there are other suitcase models, but that's up to eldar and lost.

3. I agree that you should be able to stop harvesting a resource without having to look at it by just pressing E while facing any direction.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:31 am

double clicking the number in a locker does not allow you to edit it. thats the reason its a pain in the ass. i didnt know hovering over told you the amount you had though.

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

1. you should be able to just click in that field with the number and type in a new number.

2. Probably not

3. Not sure if we will change that, still need to leave a small level of risk. Its alot better than beeing stuck there and not able to look around.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:15 pm

1. It works now but was bugged the first time

2. fair enough

3. there is allways risk, but i just thought if your gonna have a stopper may aswell make it work no matter where you look.

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:52 am

DevilsNipple wrote:1. It works now but was bugged the first time

2. fair enough

3. there is allways risk, but i just thought if your gonna have a stopper may aswell make it work no matter where you look.

I can give you an answer on 3. It's simply a a question of dev time. It was easy to add it to the Use hook on the entity. If I was going to give you the ability to stop looking any direction, I'd have to watch key inputs instead, which would have taken a lot longer to code. We still have other things to code as it is, so this will get no better than an "if I feel like it", I'm afraid.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:30 am

thats a practical enough answer. :) thanks anyway

DevilsNipple

Return to PNRP General Chat