Regarding GMod 13 Update

Public area for PostNukeRP

Regarding GMod 13 Update

Postby Leo Leonardo III » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:27 am

Along with the update of GMod to version 13, it was stated that player inventories will be lost in the update. What exactly does the player inventory include? Is it strictly the items carried in our personal inventories, or does it include resources, experience, and skill upgrades as well?
Its a rat flail!
Leo Leonardo III

Re: Regarding GMod 13 Update

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:00 am

somebody correct me if im wrong but im sure its basically a COMPLETE restart. imagine you have Just started playing PNRP but you already know everything or most about it.

everything goes, skills, inventory's all player data as far as im aware.

this will actually be quite useful. for 1 it means that anyone who doesnt play anymore wont have a bunch of unneeded data on the server so there will be alot of extra space, for 2 it means everyone gets a clean start including all the rich people so that theres no moaning and all is fair. and lastly, gameplay will be alot different....harder in most cases meaning only true players will survive it.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:06 am

Like Devil said, it will be a compleat reset of all player data. On the old system, we stored everything in files. This was not really a problem untill ther was almost 8k different people that connected. One of the things that causes lag when people connecting is the server searching through all those files to find the correct one for that player.

Now, PNRP stores everythng in SQL. There are many good advantages to this, mainly that its much faster and easier to sort data.

One of the other original reasons for not converting data is that parcing over 8k files and then converting them to sql was not realy feasable.
The second reason was that we needed to restart becouse how grubs and such unbalanced the echosystem within the game.
Now we are also unable to becouse we have gone to a profile system, instead of a single player save.

The PNRP update for GMod 13 is acually turning out bigger that I expected. With the re-wrights, and changes its goign to be alot mroe chalanging.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:16 am

eldarstorm wrote:Like Devil said, it will be a compleat reset of all player data. On the old system, we stored everything in files. This was not really a problem untill ther was almost 8k different people that connected. One of the things that causes lag when people connecting is the server searching through all those files to find the correct one for that player.

Now, PNRP stores everythng in SQL. There are many good advantages to this, mainly that its much faster and easier to sort data.

Not having that much data and having it on sql is gona be awesome. bye bye lag :D

The PNRP update for GMod 13 is acually turning out bigger that I expected. With the re-wrights, and changes its goign to be alot mroe chalanging.

cant wait. i tried joining the beta server but it shown no sign of loading and then crashed, tried again and sae problem. not sure my Gmod13 is gonna allow me to test :S

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:21 am

Reloaded the map on the dev server, try it again.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 am

when i tried this it was about 2 weeks ago xD. but im trying to join now anyhow :P

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:43 pm

It may look like it's not loading sometimes. That's because we have textures and models that require download. Some of these items probably won't be in the release, but know that we're working on some stuff that may take a bit to dl.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:17 am

i eventually got on. played around abit, seems pretty good. love the beans and such falling out upon scavenging, and that new way to scavenge using "use" key and being able to stop aswell is excellent.

i played untill gmod 13 crasshed when loading up veicles props. for some reason i cannot spawn props on the server, can in multyplayer and such but it just hightlights on pnrp server and doesnt appear :S.

p.s: i hate what garrys done to the new q menu for finding props -.-

DevilsNipple

Return to PNRP General Chat