Would Anyone Be willing to help me?

Public area for PostNukeRP

Would Anyone Be willing to help me?

Postby Sy Ableman!? » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:00 am

Well I've always been curious about modeling and if anyone has the patience and time and the actual want to teach me (I'm pretty herp derp, it took Postman about 3 days just to teach me Wire). I'd really apperciate it if someone could at least attempt to teach me the basics. Who knows I might make something that works (sorta, kinda, not really lol).
Sy Ableman!?

Re: Would Anyone Be willing to help me?

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 am

I haven't ever tried modelling. But I've heard lost talk about how much of a pain it can be. Lol, he mentioned that he would send me some hour-long tutorials about it. If you're really determined try looking up modelling tutorials on youtube.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:19 am

First off you will need a 3d modeling tool such as Blender, 3d Studios or something. There is also the XSI Mod Tool as well (Free Version). Learning how to work the tool will probably be the hardest part, For this you may want to check YouTube for tutorials and such.

http://www.blender.org/
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc ... d=13571257

You can also look at some of the other modeling programs out there.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:27 am

i have blender, im not a modler but its actually quite good to use, i saw a tut on how to make faces and made some weird alien head thing. i admit i was trying to make a human but you cant always win xD
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Apart from just making a weapon model, you will also have to make the reload animation and such as well for example.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP General Chat