New Profile Picker

Public area for PostNukeRP

New Profile Picker

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:33 am

Added class selection to the profile picker.

eldarstorm
Developer

Re: New Profile Picker

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:32 am

There we go, just what the Nipple ordered :P. thanks man. its looking awesome.

Just noticed 1 little this though *scavenger has 150 Hp* shouldnt it be lowered to 75 o.O - but anyway

Any more thoughts on having to choose class before hand(which is done) and you cant change it while ingame(would be good), only by making a new character with that class?
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:03 am

Will have to check, but the HP should bump itself down to 75 when you get in.

As of now we are not locking down classes at only startup, but keep in mind, changing class does cost resources still. The cost can be changed in the Admin menu.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:51 am

i know they do, i just thought "oh a different character, wait hmmm any character can become any class :/, this doesnt seem right", think of it as a job (as it is one basically). you are elder and you have "said job", you dont go and suddenly work somewhere else if you need it, say you wanted some fags from corner store, you dont get a job there and make them, you just buy them from another person. so sticking to one class for one character seems well fit. i mean you can still change class but just by using a profile.

Also another thing that made me think this way was. Say i am a cultivator will char named bob. Bob up's his cultivator skill to get more better and frequent oranges from his plant, but wait bob wants some ammo *sleeps* becomes engineer *wakes* makes it and walla ammo and reverts. he also wants ammo cheaper so he misses out on upgrading cultivaor again and does engineer for when he changes (he is now not just a cultivator so why does he need to change profiles ever... *pfft* no need). But if you cant change class as same character it involves more effort to get what you want so you will be more likely to RolePlay and go to someone who can make the ammo. This also means that you can seperate skills by character, so if i have scavenger skill i can upgrade him solely on scavenging.

Anyways, its not my choice but i hope you see my point in same way i do. :)

DevilsNipple

Postby Remnant John » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:03 pm

i do actually have to agree with Devil on this one, being able to switch classes whenever you feel it fit seems almost game breaking, as he explained, someone can totally supply themselves, i do not like that at all.

also as he said, it is your choice. but i do think that each profile should be barred to ONE class
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:29 pm

We dont really want to lock the class thing down, but that does not mean we will not make it alot more expensive to swap classes. Right now its 10% I think, could change it to 25% or more. So to swap classes it would cost you 1/4 of your resources. This can easily be done in a option that we allready have in the Admin menu.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:46 am

i suppose that could work. maybe think about locking each profile to one class in the future after seeing how it goes?

but 25% to switch seems like a temporary solution to me. (would stop noobs yes... but people like me who practically has the stock and locker to themselves, apart from jamie. NOT the mention that we will also ALL have individual safes for our own belonging *place all resources away - sleep - change class - wake - get resources - supply your self completely again*.

and for the rich people, who even cares about 25% gone, pfft i have tons in my chest so i dont need to worry about loosing items - kind of attitude. and they just switch again.

dont wanna bitch about it but i do see it as roleplaying, And i myself use this method if i need ammo very soon and there isnt an engineer nearby, yet i still want to see it that noone can use this method including me, i like to play games properly yet when you have something like this close by you cant help but use it :S

DevilsNipple

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:32 pm

God no. I would hate it if classes were locked. Hate hate hate hate hate it.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:23 pm

well they wont be by the looks. but it just seems good for it to be locked like having a set role to play for each profile.

but its all good if not :)

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 pm

We are not locking players to classes. BUT. We will be increasing the class change cost some to compensate. I know a lot of players give their resources to another player before switch, but any attempt at curbing that would be...undesirable. So, this is what we're going for. XD
LostInTheWired
Developer

Next

Return to PNRP General Chat