New HUD in the works

Public area for PostNukeRP

New HUD in the works

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Have been working on the new HUDs for the past few days, and have a screenshot of HUD 3.
As I mentioned before, you can change between different HUDs, there are currently 2 on the Live server now, pnrp_HUD 1 or 2 will change it.
The current HUD 2 will be going away for a new redesign that I will have a screenshot for pater on. Some of the new elemants in HUD 3 will be installed on a reworked version of HUD 1

Any rate, tate a look.

eldarstorm
Developer

Re: New HUD in the works

Postby DevilsNipple » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:32 pm

i have an opinion "you do?" yes i do now be quiet and listen.

it looks great BUT "oh god there's a but" id love to have the Scrap-sp-chems on the top left along with xp Under it. same formation as the health and such now but with resources. and swap the health and such to bottom left. Have health and power far bottom left and to the right beside it have endurance and hunger.

in my opinion that would look better :p (worth a look at)

Here a quit Paint edit of it. for a brief look.

also whats that bar beside the endurance o.O?
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:34 pm

That's your indoor outdoor indicator.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 pm

May make a HUD 4 with them in opposite locations. The thing beside the enduance bar is your Inside/Outside indicator

eldarstorm
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:44 pm

eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Seems Legit!
IS it supposed to say Small "props" instead of parts?
oh and I'm gonna be a spelling Nazi for a minute sorryyyyyyyyy.

Experience.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby POSTMAN » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:58 pm

1.I think that the "press F11 to own" should only appear if looking at something that is not owned. If it is, it should be the red word: "Owned" or "Owned by: <name>"

2.Also with the indoor/outdoor bar. It would be cool if it was just a red sliver, and when you walked under something, it "slid" out, like animated out to the same size as the other boxes, saying "Indoors", and turned green.

When you walk out of indoors, it switches to red, says "Outdoors" and disappears after like 2 seconds, back to a red sliver.

3.And a third thing, is for the radio tool. Buying a radio would not be an actual weapon, but part of your suit. When you bought it, it was forever part of your hud. (though you could drop it, it just wouldnt drop when you died).

When changing stations, you could have something just like that compass, but with frequencies, pressing A and D or moving your mouse would change the channel, also with a small box next to it saying the MHz, where you can type it in, if it's a special number.

4. you spelled experience wrong. "Experiance" is how you have it.

5. Image

6.When you pick up a chem or small parts or scrap and what not, the number beside it should turn green and fade back to grey for a second, maybe a +1 or +2 and what not appearing next to it for a second. Just a visual effect.

7. The back color on health, hunger and stuff, ie: the part that is not full of a bar. like for hunger darker blue is the part that is missing from your hunger.
I think that should be clear, or see through, maybe grey.
POSTMAN
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Might look into the swishy things.
The main point of HUD 3 is to be Minimulistic in nature, and not have alot of bulk.
Also, will probably not add "Owned by" text to the target into thing, I did that to take into account long names.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:53 pm

No more updates ont he HUD yet, still having issues with getting the Dev server working correctly with the new patch. Will be taking another stab at it this weekend.

EDIT: Oh, btw, the compass will be centered on the top of the screen for larger resolutions. I took these images at 1024X768. Took it at that so the screen shot would be easier to fit ont he site and still retain its resolution.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 pm

good to hear that they'll be done soon. getting this small area out the way make more room for betting/bigger areas :)
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Next

Return to PNRP General Chat