What's Happening With Construction?

Public area for PostNukeRP

What's Happening With Construction?

Postby LostInTheWired » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:25 pm

I'm sure you guys are wondering. There's a lot of changes in the works for it, and we haven't really talked about the changes much, just kind of alluded to 'em. Well, I'm gonna try to explain our plans for the future here.

1: What's the biggest change?
A: Hard to say. The idea is to put less emphasis on materials and more on what we've been calling "intermediary items". These are items you build, and will often be restricted by class. They will not have a use on there own (most of the time), but will be required for higher level tools that you need to make higher level items. Like requiring electronic parts to make a lathe so you can make the barrel for a precision rifle. Just an example, and might not necessarily be what's done.

2: Well, that seems simple. How is that hugely different?
A: Check this out though. It allows us other things. This is big change number 2, finding parts and items while scavenging. You see, food is going to be found differently in the beginning. You will get sealed cans o' beans while scavenging every now and then. That means, to eat, you pretty much have to put yourself out there (until an orange plant, of course). For many high level items, (miners, grubs, turrets, orange plants, ect), you'll have to find an item. Something no one can make. Grub eggs, fusion core, orange seeds, that sort of thing. It will make these things much harder to make (and the grub will require more work to breed, but still be profitable). For lower level items, many parts will, will be required from other classes to make the proper parts for each thing. As it is though, you may find JUST enough parts to make these items without making the intermediary tools, making them significantly cheaper, but the risk of being unable to make more.

3: So classes will be more interdependent?
A: That's the idea. While you might be able to pull off getting other items from the piles, I wouldn't count on it. To consistently make certain items (such as having your own shop), you'll have to think about trading for other items, like barrels or bullet casings, or meats.

4: Wait wait wait, meats?
A: Yes, meats. Hunting is going to change the games food industry significantly. Every now and then, when you kill a creature, a piece of meat will drop. We're able to do this now where we didn't think we could before thanks to the EXP system. Depending on the creature, it may drop more expensive, and more filling meats. Guards may have the best meats (or may drop multiples). Thus, for food, you are REQUIRED to move about. Although a cultivator is required to cook these meats. Even though they have oranges, that will eventually be redone as well. A bit different when it comes to requirements (probably a requirement on chems). Lemme just say, it will be awesome and different.

5: I have other questions!
A: Well, ask 'em here! I'll try to get to 'em and consolidate the questions into the first post! ^^
LostInTheWired
Developer

Re: What's Happening With Construction?

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Well my reaction is this:

As far as the people who still play regularly,
I have been playing on the server longest. :ugeek:

I can understand how nessecary this kind of update will be, and the advantages that will become of it.
Therefore Although I will miss all of my current equipment, such as my <1000000 materials of each in my pile, and my 20 of each weapon and my 7 super miners and... :cry:
well, you get the point.

Although I will miss all my things, and it will take ALOT of work to get it all back, I will hopefully have fun doing it :roll: . As much as I would loooooooove to ask the admins to start me off with a new horde of materials and such to get me started again, :lol: I won't because that alone is going to be game breaking. :mrgreen:

Sometimes, the most difficult journey, is also the most fun. ;)
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: What's Happening With Construction?

Postby Red Skullz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Sounds bad ass to me! It will add a whole new perspective on the game rather than just geting materails which, once you get a grub and a miner becomes very easy, then it just becomes a time game. This will add a whole new outlook and push people from basing so much to force them to go out on their own or with teams. Like Rahl said, it is going to suck losing all that we have now, but it will make things much more fun and besides, its the getting of it all that is most fun! Keep up the great work guys!
Red Skullz

Return to PNRP General Chat