Introductions

Public area for PostNukeRP

Introductions

Postby severedskullz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:19 am

No forum is complete without an Introduction thread!! Post something about who you are here and introduce yourself to the community!.
I'll start:
Hi. Im severedskullz!I like coding, and designing games. I have coded for many games including Neverwinter Nights, Garrysmod, and Unreal Tournament. I know a tad bit of C++, a fairly decent amount of Visual Basics, and alot of Action script for Adobe Flash. I am also a novice in map making (except for NWN... I am a map making GOD!)! Right now I am trying to make a Rave map out of depression of not being able to attend Qlimax in the Netherlands. I may also seem like an asshole on Facepunch, but half of that community is full of trolls. I am willing to help people ingame and I hope to see you all playing some point in time.
severedskullz

Re: Introductions

Postby LostInTheWired » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:47 pm

It's true! Everyone has to have an introduction thread. So why not give it a spin?

I'm Lost. Just call me Lost. It works just fine. XD Anyways... I'm a coder through and through. I've worked in C++, Visual Basic, C#, Lua, PHP, Java, and the list goes on. QBASIC even, if you're into that sort of stuff! That's really my passion. It's almost all I do, really. I've done work for the government, programmed inventory systems for retail, and actually have some professional experience. I've even done development on indie games, although almost no money goes through that track.

Other then that, my interests are more artistic. I do animation, digital painting, and, very rarely, pixel art (not very good with this last one). It works out with my FAVORITE computer peripheral, my Wacom tablet. Hooray! It's tons of fun. ^^ And it fits along with my fiance, who does graphic arts.

I was never any good at these. Why did I do it? XD
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:18 am

I'm Eldar Storm, never was great with introduction threads :P
Lets see, I went to collage for Theatre, I have done everything from acting, to light desighn, to building sets, and even directing. Even though I went to school for this I have most always done computer related stuff for a living. Pretty much done the whole range, hardware, software, networking, even was a draftsman for a year :P
Programming langueges... basic (Apple II), QBasic, Visual Basic, C++, Java, PHP, ASP, Lua (Now :P ), Action Script 3, cobol (yuk), and more. Also have done work with 3d redering on 3D Studios Max, have done more work on Photoshop than I an remember. I also draw, but have been out of practice to for a long time.
I have also done some video work here and there and even did some stop motion stuff :P
To give you an idea of my computer setup, here is a pic of it backin 2006.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Leo Leonardo III » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 pm

I'm Leo Leonardo (The Third)

I'm currently attending high school in LA. I'm trying to learn C++, its not going very well :P. I've tried using Source SDK, but failed (even with guides) But for the time being, I just play a little Gmod (DarkRP, Postnuke :D) and Killing Floor.

My introduction seems REALLY short but I havent't really learned a lot so there's really nothing to tell. But I do hope to see PNRP turn into one of the most popular gamemodes of all time!
Its a rat flail!
Leo Leonardo III

Postby Ophiuchus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:45 am

I just recently stumbled upon this but I hope to be fairly active on your server, I am Ophiuchus and my programming skills are that of a retarded infant xP. Never got into it, a lot of moving and hardware failure (without the money to replace it) prevented me from PC gaming. Now that I have a half-way decent computer I'm looking to make up for lost time on Garry's mod, and this seems like a pretty fun way to do it!
Ophiuchus

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:15 am

Welcome back to the world fo Gmod.
I am trying to get more activity on the forums. Feel free to post any bugs that you may find in PostNukeRP in the Bug section and any sugestions in the Sugestion section.

We will also be using this forums for future projects as well. Once PNRP gets to its RC stage we have another gamemode project lined up.
I also post updates and news at http://radioactivecricket.com/ and http://postnukerp.com/
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby UndependableAids » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm UndependableAids, but most refer to me as Aids. Do not question why this is my name- I could on tell you if I wanted to. As of now I am a junior in high school and occupy my spare time with a part-time job, friends, and computer games. I've been playing Garry's Mod since... early 2007. I also enjoy Team Fortress 2.
When in doubt who will win, be neutral.
UndependableAids

Postby CmdZoidberg » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:45 am

Hi, I'm CmdZoidberg. Or Zoid to keep it short for you. I've been playing in the server now for about 2 or 3 weeks and I've been really enjoying the community. The mixture of mature administration coupled with a slightly less mature sense of humor seems to be just what I've been looking for when searching the Gmod servers since I bought it just 5 weeks back. I look forward to rejecting you from access to my base in future! :twisted:
CmdZoidberg

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 am

Welcome! :twisted:
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:09 am

LOL I NEVER KNEW WE HAD ONE OF THESE!

I am Lord Rahl, Leader of a gaming group called the D'haran Legion. I am a member of The Builder's Union, as well as a devoted player on postnukerp. I have been on here for a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, longer than almost anyone who still plays the server(except owners and a few admins)
On this server alone I have witnessed alot, from huge wars between communities, minges, raiders, rdmers, you name it I've seen it. I myself have been banned once for exploiting a glitch, and I have never done so again: Believe me, its not worth the ban.
I am usually rather well equipped in the server, and I have no problem helping out any new guys who need a hand.

In game, I am currently a member of CrazyKid's Group, The Unified Zhone. I lead my own group, The D'haran Legion, from within the Unified Zhone's community.

In real Life, I am a high school student currently going into my junior year, I am rather smart for my age and I am a very avid gamer, somewhat of a musician, and believe it or not: I am a big Reader.
I also write, but not much.
I play all the games I have on steam, Gmod is my main game: still trying to learn e2 and wiremod. I have Terraria, HL2, HL2-Ep1&2, Portal 1&2, Civilization V, TF2, And a few more. I also play Minecraft.
I play on the wii, but not nearly as often as on the computer.

Anyway, I play pnrp often, but as of late a bit less often, idk why. Maybe its the summer.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Next

Return to PNRP General Chat