Future Projects [Beyond PNRP]

Public area for PostNukeRP

Future Projects [Beyond PNRP]

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Been tempted to spill the beans on two of our projects that are in planning stages still, and will not be going into code untill after PNRP is released.

SAT - Simple Admin Tool
Well, I cant say if this will or will not get worked on this one.

Here are the two new gamemode we have in Planning Phase

[Name Pending] Headcrab Thingy :P
Well its a headcrab/zombie gamemode basically. The base of it, you spawn as a headcrab, you will have to find a host to be able to use skills or do much of anything. NPC's will spawn on the map, similar to PNRP, but it will be humans that spawn, and you must hunt them to survive. Your host has a limited life based on many things as well, so you will need to find new ones, or do things to extend its life. Still in early phases of planning at the moment.

CyberPunkRP [CPRP]
I know we have dropped alot of hints and such on this one. After PNRP (And the heacrab thing since it shouldbe easy), this is out next big project.
It will have alot of the same archetecture as PNRP (Back End Junk). Its basically a Cyberpunk themed gamemode.
Some of the known Features:
NPC Vendors you can hire to sell your goods (They will charge) (And yes I did steal the future vending machine for PNRP from our idea on this one)
More advanced Interface.
Lost's APB system will be built in with more features.
Hunger
Sleep
Skill based, no classes per say (You wont really know what a person can do unless they tell you (or you catch them))
Player models are open like in PNRP, but we may have Police be a organization and that will lock those models down to that job. Other than Police, all other organizations are player run (and police too for a larg part acually)
An internal "internet" of sorts that players can "hack" or "jack" into.
In Game Terminals to access the "netowrk" fake sites for banking and such.
A sort of Command line access system
When you die your are restored from a backup, so you will want insurance for any losses (implants, mods, etc), so be sure to keep you insurance up to date with the IIC [Internal Insurance Comany]
Money system and no, not like DarkRP, you will not be able to just sit and farm money. You will be able to do jobs, missions, vitual stock market, etc.

Will add more to the list later, there is acually alot more planning that we have allready done on this gamemode. I am sure Lost will be posting shortly on this as well. We both have been looking foward to starting on CPRP 8-)

And dont worry, PNRP will still be updated, upgraded, and added to after release. :D
eldarstorm
Developer

Re: Future Projects [Beyond PNRP]

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:12 pm

lol, did everyone overlook this post?
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:04 pm

They're just overwhelmed by the awesome.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:42 am

I made you a post, but I ated it...

Seriously. I did write up several paragraphs last night but then my computer died literally the second I was about to press Submit. I can't even recall what it was I was writing... Other than I was excited to see how the CyberPunkRP server would turn out. Oh! I do remember one of my questions though. For the CyberPunkRP server, would you be switching weapon sets to coincide with the new theme? Such as using the HL2 weapons like the AR2 which do seem fitting for a CyberPunk theme.
CmdZoidberg

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:22 am

Probably, CPRP will probably have alot more custom textures and such as well. With PNRP we have tried to stay with content that players could download from the server, but with this one we may end up having a addon pack or something with the additional gfx.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am

I think i just had a mini-orgasm reading the part about the CyberPunk RP-
That gamemode sounds absolutely amazing- I cant wait to see how it plays out! :D
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Indeed. My favorite part of it will be brain hacking. Pulling people's bank info (very difficult), using their senses like vision and hearing (mid range difficulty), listening to unsecure communications (easy). Will make PvP a bit interesting. We're hoping it'll turn out ok without too much griefing. But yeah, it's my brainchild, and I hope it turns out well.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Yo Lost I'm sure it will, You are one of the most dedicated coder I know, not to mention that the idea itself is fascinating :)
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Cant wait to get to work on the HUD stuff for CPRP :)
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:42 pm

gotta finish your current ones for PNRP first :P

you should give another update on the HUD topic if you have done much more with it yet :)
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Return to PNRP General Chat