Important thought

Public area for PostNukeRP

Important thought

Postby Lord Rahl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:58 pm

I posted this on a topic about ways to enhance RP, and honestly, the last parts of it are quite important IMO, so i figured I'd give it its own topic/thread in the forum.
If its too long and you don't wanna read, just read the bottom paragraph, Its quite deep.

I can think of a few good ways to enhance rp:
1) if somebody can create/find a very good wasteland props pack or something, Making things out of wood props or scrap metal type things would give a much better overall feel to the game.
2) Make Zombies a bigger threat, I'm not sure how to quite explain that one, but hopefully the new zombie being made can correct this.
3) Restrict certain tools because those awkward looking PHX prop vehicles just look out of place.
4) somehow make communities harder to make or more vital, because those noobs with communites that only have one player just frustrate me, as does the lack of an overall community/group "mentality" in groups. Thats something I had been aiming for with my first D'haran Legion group, but several of you can see how well that worked out
5) I saw a mentioned "criminal system" in the planned feautres: now THAT sounds like something good. Especially if it is a "Karma Meter" type of thing, that will make players come off as good or evil.

However
The most important thing for RP:
is the right mindset. if you abuse ooc, or you play the game with big, high tech labs, If you play the game and you cheat in any way shape or form, you arent going to enjoy it.

I realized something, with my D'haran legion group, I always loved speaking in some tone of authority, running it like a legit strict militaristic style, and overall the entire group was based upon RPing as the strongest and most efficient group in the wasteland :twisted:

Those wars between other communites (before they got out of hand :roll: ) made for some truly amazing RP experiences!

In other words you need to truly act like you are your character, act like you are in the wasteland, act like its real. ;)

THEN it becomes good rp. :ugeek:
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: Important thought

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:06 pm

If we can do everything we have planned for zombies, you will not have to worry about them being hard.

And yes mindset is one free the most important things.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP General Chat