Garrys Mod Beta and datastream fun

Public area for PostNukeRP

Garrys Mod Beta and datastream fun

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:54 am

Ok, thanks to Crazy, I have the new beta for Garrys Mod. It seems that in order to get one of the limited keys, you would have had to play Garrys Mod 50+ hours in the past two weeks. Personally I find that a bit nuts, but ya.

Crazy was able to get me a key and I have allready started to take a look at the impact it will have on PNRP. Initialy its what I expexted, the removal of datastreams breaks the gamemode for the most part. Aspects like the HUD still works, but does not update correctly. Mob and Resource spawners are working, and some of the Tab menus are working. But thats about it. I will soon start work on the patching process.

The over planned rewrite of the code will start when Lost is able to get on and when we will be able to get beta up on the Dev server (Not to mention figuring out how to get Lost a key as well).

I will post more info as it comes.
eldarstorm
Developer

Re: Garrys Mod Beta and datastream fun

Postby Remnant John » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Eldar, and to the whole dev team.

i believe in you guys, you have made an extremely entertaining gamemode, and i never want to see it go dark, no matter how long it takes to update, as long as i know i can play for as long as i live.

but truly, as crazy experienced with his map, the people who play it most often enjoy it more than the creators, due to the suprises and exploration. and i want you people to know that PNRP, seriously is the BEST gamemode, that i have EVER (and i mean any game ever EVER) played before. i hope that gets your brain going as to how amazing PNRP really is, and how much it is developed as opposed to shit like DarkRP.

i love you Eldar, and to the rest of the DevTeam.

<3
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: Garrys Mod Beta and datastream fun

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm so happy that I was able to get you a beta key, Eldar. I am certain that if they ever give out any more beta keys that I'd be able to get another one, and I'd be glad to give it to Lost.

But, that'd be the only way that we could get him one, if they gave away more keys.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Return to PNRP General Chat