Eldar, you have a account stealer in your group.

Public area for PostNukeRP

Eldar, you have a account stealer in your group.

Postby severedskullz » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:07 pm

One of your members, Qztv (http://steamcommunity.com/id/qztv)... has just successfully phishing scammed me... Just giving you a heads up because now i cant get into my account because of that asshole.
severedskullz

Re: Eldar, you have a account stealer in your group.

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 am

Qz has been in the group for awhile, makes me wonder if he got phished and they used him to propagate it.
I also got the link from him too, but thankfully did not log into the site.

I will keep an eye out about anything more reguarding this.
eldarstorm
Developer

Re: Eldar, you have a account stealer in your group.

Postby eldarstorm » Tue May 18, 2010 10:53 am

Bit of a late update for this, but am posting it for anyone who comes across this post and is wodnering what happened.

As it turns out, Qa's account was also hacked and everyone in his friends list was sent the fake phishing link.

To avoid this type of attack, just be carfull where you log in, and remember, every company/organization/game/ or whatever will never ask for your account info in a email or a text message. This goes for credit card info, personal info, or account info. If a email/message/ or whatever contains a link, be carfull of this link. Some of these sites are disguised to look like the ligit site, soemtimes a exact copy. Pay attention to the link in the address bar, and not the link text in the message. Also, another thing to keep in mind, most ligit company sites that have a login will be a secured ssl site. To know if you are on one of these the address will start with a HTTPS And you will see a Lock or indication on your browser that the certificate is valid.

Just a few commen sence notes on this stuff. Just be carfull what you click on and who you give info too.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP General Chat