PostNukeRP Server and Development Status

Public area for PostNukeRP

PostNukeRP Server and Development Status

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:05 pm

I have actually been posting updates on the main site, and some of my development progress and pics on my blog.

Server Status:
The Official Server is currently locked. Basically the host had a 100% data loss on that node and everything went down. This happened when I was in the middle of the new inventory update. I am getting close to finishing the first stage of the update and will be bringing the server back up at that time.

Server Move:
The server will be moving to a new host, one that is cheaper, and hopefully more reliable. Recently I have been getting reports of odd lag, so it seems like now would be a good time to move.

Data Loss?
Yes, there was a 100% data loss on the server. However, I do have a backup of some of the files.
Player Database/Inventory: Backup up on 05/18/2015
ASSMod's Ranking File: Backed up a week ago.
Server.cfg: Backed up a week ago
ADVDupes: Gone unfortunately.

Update Progress:
So, the update progress has been coming along pretty well. I have been reworking the inventory system, this includes streamlining some of the functions and removing some of the redundant functions in the itembase.
The big feature I am working on, other than trying to streamline the system, is Persistent Inventory Stats. In other words, you pick up a miner that is damaged, it will stay damaged.
This system will open the door to allow other stats and info to be saved on items.
The other advantage with this system is that its completely compatible with our existing system, so players will not loose any inventory.

Lost is also working on a new feature as well, but its secret at the moment.

Once inventory part 1 is done and the server is back up, I will start work on the car system to allow for more vehicles through addons and such.

If you want to follow more of my development on PNRP, or other general things I may post: http://eldarstorm.tumblr.com/
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP General Chat