PostNukeRP Status Update

Public area for PostNukeRP

PostNukeRP Status Update

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:57 am

Posting a status update of the gamemode.

I know it has been a while since we have done work on the PostNukeRP. Both me and Lost have been really busy with Real Life stuff.
That being said, now that the crazy "End of Year" stuff that always seems to come up is done with (For the most part) I should have more time to work on PNRP.

Lost should have some free time coming up as well.

What new stuff will we see?
Not much for a bit. You will see us in the Dev server more, but alot of our work is catching up on fixes and code reworking we have had planned for a while.
True, once we are done you will notice some changes. For example I will be tackling the menu system. So expect some changes on were you get to some stuff. I will also be working on methods to optimize our Dema windows to prevent duplicates and such.

Many other changes will be back end and you may not see them. Other than some optimizations.

Some of the code on the back end of PostNukeRP is a bit old. Garrys Mod has seen alot of changes over the years, and the height of PNRP development was when GMod seemed to break every few weeks. Due to that we have had to use some unconventional methods to make the code work, and it was not changed to a more streamlined method when GMod stabilized.

One good example of this is the IsValid() command. At one point this actually broke rather badly, and in the early days it was not always reliable, so we had to use other methods.

Once we get alot of core systems reworked we will start reworking some of our systems, such as the spawner and inventory.
In fact we will be implementing something that has been suggested a while back and something we have wanted to do. Persistent items. For example, if you pick up your broken miner, it will still be broken.

Thats about it for now. Will post more info as we make more progress.
I may also post some progress on my Twitter and may on my Tumblr blog as well. 8-)

https://twitter.com/eldarstorm
http://eldarstorm.tumblr.com/
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP General Chat