Custom AI back from the dead

Public area for PostNukeRP

Custom AI back from the dead

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:26 pm

One of our very early plans was to make NPC's with custom AI's to expand their abilities and such.
About a year ago or so we shelved this idea due to Garry breaking custom scheduling and such a while back. We had also taken a look at nextbot at the time, but it was still in early stages and did not work all that well.

Well as of now we have taken this project off the shelf and blown the dust off of it. We are working on nextbot NPC's.

Why post this now?
Well after alot of work over the past week laying the foundation of the NPC we made a lot of progress last night.

I will not be going into detail about what all the NPC will be able to do, we want this to be a surprise.
All I will say is that we are starting on the standard Classic HL2 Zombie, and our custom AI should make it more interesting and challenging.

What will we be doing after the first Zombie?
Wait and see 8-)
eldarstorm
Developer

Re: Custom AI back from the dead

Postby Darksoul » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:22 am

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Darksoul

Re: Custom AI back from the dead

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 am

General update.
Work on the new NPC's is going really good. AI as always is a bit tricky, and there are finding some interesting work arounds to some issues.

We will not be going into great detail about how the new mobs will react or work, we want this to be a surprise for when it goes live. I will say this though, they will be more difficult than the default AI.

First NPC is about 80% done minus some testing and debugging.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP General Chat