Fanfiction

Public area for PostNukeRP

Fanfiction

Postby noobkillah10 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Alright, I have a small tiny little fan fiction I am making. It is actually a Garry's mod/PostnukeRP fan fiction. LOTS of feedback would be VERY appreciated. Just don't laugh at it. ._.

Have you heard of virtual reality? Most people these days think a headset with an oculus rift or something like that. The thing is, that isn't even close to the story I am about to tell you…
Everyone loves Fridays, the very last day of school before you get two days all to yourself. Well, like any other day I got home, took the dog out, and then went on my desktop. My desktop is an HP Pavilion 2011, although I would like a better one, this computer has sentimental value. About two days ago, I had received a message from [TBU] CrazyKid on Steam to go onto the Garry’s mod PNRP server. It was morning so I had to get to school and apologized for not being able to get on. I got on Steam and noticed a news bulletin. “PEOPLE ARE DISSAPEARING?!” I quickly brushed it off as another April Fools prank and started up Garry’s mod and waited for it to load all of the addons. After loading it up, I noticed something strange. “Why is that companion cube all code?” Instead of investigating this ‘unknown bug’ I quickly joined the PNRP server. Little did I know my life would be changed forever.
Once the server was sending client info, I noticed there was code surrounding the computer, out of reaction I yelled “What the heck?!” When I woke up, I didn't know whether I was dreaming or insane. In front of me was a dark room, with a giant screen and a walkway leading up to it. The screen showed the beginning text for when you start the server. As I walked to the staircase I noticed player names showing up. I then saw CrazyKid as one of those names and was thunderstruck seeing his name out of all the people. I sprinted towards his name, hoping for an answer to this perplexing predicament. “CRAZY, WHAT’S GOING ON, WHY IS EVERYBODY FROM THE SERVER HERE?!” He then turned around, and noticed that I was sprinting to his very location. “ED, SLOW DOWN!” He yelled right back to me. I tripped on another player who was lying down, he was crying. “Sorry, are you okay dude?” I remembered that my player model had a built in flashlight. I reached to my hip and turned on the torch that was in my pocket. As the player was illuminated I saw a City 17 citizen, crying in what I think was a teenage girl’s voice. “WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!” She screamed, looking into my eyes, still crying her eyes out. “Listen I’m sorry I didn't see you there. Please stop crying.” I said, looking into her hazel eyes. I had forgotten I had a combine elite model and she couldn't see the sorry look on my face.
“Sorry, I shouldn't have been lying down in the open.” She said, sniffing her nose while having tears run down her face. “My name is-“. She paused for a moment, thinking of what to say. “My name is Veronica.” She reached her hand out to shake mine. “I’m Eddie, pleased to meet you, Veronica.” I reached and grabbed hers and we shook hands. “Why didn't you slow down, Ed?” Crazy said, panting and looking at both me and Veronica. He has a City 17 male player model, with his flashlight sticking out of his pocket. “Sorry, I didn't notice.” I replied, turning to the giant screen. “What is happening and where are we?” I said, analyzing the screen, still showing the welcome text.
“If only I knew. Since Zante is the only other admin here, I’m gathering people to find out what is going on.” He then looked towards the unknown. That giant screen with three words: “Welcome to PNRP!” I quickly thought up something. “Crazy! What if people are being sucked into Steam games and are trapped in virtual reality?”
“That’s impossible! Even if it was true, how would that work?!” Crazy suddenly looked as if he was wondering the same thing. If he was afraid, he is good at not showing it. “Have you seen code anywhere on your screen?” I asked him, soon to be shocked by his answer. “My whole screen turned to code when I joined the server. Now I remember, the screensaver for Garry’s mod had a zombie that was just code, why?” He was puzzled, thinking if this was a coincidence or not. “Same thing happened to me, I don’t really understand it though.” I turned around to see Veronica who had wiped her tears away, more serious faced. “Maybe that code was from something. I am not too sure so we will have to try to figure this out first.” Crazy and Veronica nodded. “Did you gather as many people as you could, Crazy?” I asked him.
“I got what I could and everyone is waiting at the stairs. Are you two coming with us?” Veronica and I both agreed to join the expedition. We three then walked to the massive staircase, now beckoning us to climb it. When we got to the foot of the staircase we were then greeted by a group of people. As we got close enough we saw everyone’s names. The first person I saw was Spazztic who was talking to Darksoul. I greeted them and asked them if they had any idea of the strange events that is taking place. Both replied a quick “no” and looked at the screen. “What do you guys think will happen?” I asked them, still looking at those three words.
“Only fate will tell us…” I looked to Spazztic who may have had no face looked very serious. Darksoul laughed, still looking at the giant screen. “When has fate ever been wrong?” He replied, turning to Spazztic and me. “Will we get out of this?”
“I promise all of us will get out of this in one piece. Take my word for it.” I really wished that my promise means anything to them.
Zante looked at the players in front of him; he had somehow found out how to spawn things and made a hut for everyone to stay. The queer thing was that all of the props were real materials; even water bottles had real water in them. After getting everyone comfortable, he continued to add to the small hut to house everyone. He soon added a bar and rest area and filled the shelves with props that were bottles of alcohol. Most of the younger people went to the rest area to cool their minds, while others went to the bar. After mastering real-life Garry’s mod building, he had made a stage and a wire microphone. Afterwards, he said to a new player to tell everyone to get to the stage. After everyone was surrounding the stage, confused and scared Zante began to speak. “Well, as you all know, nobody has knowledge of what is happening as we are all confused by these turn of events. I ask of you all to try and do something to shed some light on the problem.
Another day has dawned, and another adventure begins!

~Eddie Vargas

noobkillah10

Re: Fanfiction

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Wow, I really like this, it is very creative and has an excellent spark to it. I don't really have many suggestions, but I quite like this. Great work. :D
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby noobkillah10 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:57 pm

New update for the fan-fiction. Changed the ending of the first part and finished the first subplot.

“I promise all of us will get out of this in one piece. Take my word for it.” I really wished that my promise means anything to them. After making sure everyone was ready, we ventured into the unknown...
---
Zante looked at the players in front of him; he had somehow found out how to spawn things and made a hut for everyone to stay. The queer thing was that all of the props were real materials; even water bottles had real water in them. After getting everyone comfortable, he continued to add to the small hut to house everyone. He soon added a bar and rest area and filled the shelves with props that were bottles of alcohol. Most of the younger people went to the rest area to cool their minds, while others went to the bar. After mastering real-life Garry’s mod building, he had made a stage and a wire microphone. Afterwards, he said to a new player to tell everyone to get to the stage. After everyone was surrounding the stage, confused and scared Zante began to speak. “Well, as you all know, nobody has knowledge of what is happening as we are all confused by these turn of events. I ask of you all to try and do something to shed some light on the problem.” A player raised his hand up, looking nervous to speak. Zante beckoned him up to the makeshift stage and the player walked up. The player began to speak, looking scared while doing so. “W-well I have a theory a-as to what caused the events.”
“Well spit it out man, let us hear it.” Zante being serious he steps back letting the player have the microphone.
“I have been hearing everyone talking about what happened before they were sucked into their computer screens. Did anyone actually read the code surrounding their monitors?” Everyone was shaking their heads, wishing they had done it when it happened. Someone raised their hand, trying to get the player at the microphone’s attention. “Do you know how to read code?”
“No, but I know someone who can! Darksoul used to be a hacker, right? Can’t he read code?” The player at the stage beamed and suddenly asked where Darksoul was; only to find out he had left on the expedition. Everyone grew silent as they left the stage, losing hope. Zante was starting to lose hope himself as he was removing the makeshift stage.
---

~Eddie Vargas

noobkillah10

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Good work on the story. Will be interested to see were you take this.
Had not thought about it before, but I may make a fan fiction section on the forums.

Oh, btw, I have always liked that web comic you linked to in your sig.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby noobkillah10 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:52 pm

eldarstorm wrote:Oh, btw, I have always liked that web comic you linked to in your sig.

I never knew anyone liked TwoKinds on PNRP?

~Eddie Vargas

noobkillah10

Postby noobkillah10 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Added a new chapter to the story! In other news expect me to be on the server due to SNOW DAY =3

“Another dark room?!” I thought to myself as I looked around. My face went completely pale behind the combine player model. “Welcome to PostNuke RP! Please read the rules before playing.” What in the world is happening?! All of a sudden I am in the server that I go on to escape my problems from in the real world! I suddenly feel so many emotions that I felt lightheaded. Since I have known the rules and gameplay since I first joined the server I clicked play now. I suddenly saw behind the screen someone’s first-person view of the spawn of PostNuke_beta. I saw my character on the screen, the same one I had since I first joined the server. Both nervous and happy I touched the icon that had the combine’s head on it and afterwards I was surrounded by black. “Ed! Thank god you’re alive,” Crazy shouted as we were in the spawn building. “Looks like we are about to experience real life PostNuke.” It was weird; I was feeling a lot of things as I looked out the unbreakable window. “Let’s go to the gas station.” I walked to the door of the spawn and twisted the handle. “Since everyone is hopefully going to spawn I suggest we go”

“Why? Shouldn't we wait for everyone else?”

“Remember on Garry’s Mod and how if too many people spawn at the same time, someone gets stuck?”
Crazy remembered that one incident and quickly agreed to go to the building across the street. I walked up to the door and twisted the handle as I embraced the wasteland air. I looked to my left and right, to be sure we weren't surrounded by zombies or antlions. We quickly ran to the building and reached the door. As I tried twisting the handle, I find that it is locked. “It won’t budge!” I yelled as I am still trying to open the door. “The garage door,” Crazy yelled as he ran to the button and pressed it. The door rose faster than when on the actual game. We both ran in and closed the door as fast as we could. I walked up to the door that leads to the front entrance of the building. After twisting the knob, the door opened with a small creak but only because I opened it slowly. As we walked in I noticed a key that I’m guessing was for the front door. I picked it up and tested it, turns out I was right. “Hey Ed, check this out!” I looked over to crazy and he was looking in the storage room. I walked over to him and saw the greatest thing ever. Every item you can think of and all of the tools, not counting the reactors but still, this is amazing! I went over to see the workbench and as I touched it, a screen popped up. “This is absolutely astonishing! Crazy, do you think this may just be another server of a whole list of servers?” That one question made even me think even though it slipped right out; it was a very good theory. We suddenly heard the garage door open and we ran to the counter and hid. The door opened and I heard footsteps leading to the counter. A glass bottle hit the counter and suddenly crying. It sounded like a male voice and while still crying, he looks to the storage room. He stopped crying and ran in the room. Seeing nothing out of place he closed the door and turned around. “Hello? Anyone there? Anyone?” With no answer, he left the building, leaving the garage door open. I felt pity for him; his loneliness seemed to leave him in depression. I whispered to Crazy, “Do you think he’s gone?”

“Not too sure, let’s wait till everyone spawns first,” He replied.

“I hope that’s soon...”

~Eddie Vargas

noobkillah10

Postby noobkillah10 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:40 am

Short story! (New chapter)

Added a short story of the soon to be new character. Still thinking about what should happen in chapter five? I don't know. Here it is.

This is a small story of a player named Colby. Colby was an average player; he went from server to server trying to find the perfect gamemode. As he moved to different servers, he noticed a pattern; one server would have an admin abusing power, one with no admin at all, and then one that had donation ranks which held overpowered effects. He was starting to lose hope on finding a good gamemode to play other than sandbox, until one day. After searching the list for some time, he had decided to look for rp servers that are not modern such as Darkrp. He had stumbled across the Postnuke RP server hosted by TBU. After doing all of the beginner things such as reading the rules and wiki, he set off to role play. During his time getting used to the server, he started to have migraines. He went to bed after the pain in his head got too irritating. The next day as he loaded up Garry’s mod, he noticed something strange. The background was all code for some reason. He quickly passed it off as a prank from FacePunch and went to join Postnuke. You guessed it; he got sucked into his computer and went through Postnuke in real life. The thing is that he got sucked into the game 2 years before everyone else… Who knows what happened to him, all that we hear now are ghost stories and legends of the man behind the monitor…

~Eddie Vargas

noobkillah10

Return to PNRP General Chat