--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: PN_Bridge (Need Suggestions!)

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:42 am

I'm liking the look of this map, I hope its still being worked on. As far as southern goes, I'd reccomend a few manor-style houses or just larger ones if you're thinking a suburban setting, if you're thinking deep south, I'd recommend a marshy/swampy area somewhere, what comes to mind is that spot in the valley at edge of map on rp_apocalypse, where the water is green and looks like sludge, tons of trees in it and around it. Even just a small area of it, at the edge of the map perhaps, would be pretty neat. I'd also suggest (depending on what you prefer, its your map after all) some farmland or corn fields as John suggested above, what would be really cool is a very thick cornfield or other crop-filled area, filled with enough crops that you can't see through it, like something out of a horror movie.
One last idea, personally, I've always LOVED that house in Css, cs_militia, I think a house of similar size and/or architecture would be fitting for a map like this, unless you're houses will be more like the single floored, 2-3 roomed backwater homes in certain areas. Good work so far, and good luck with the map.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby TheMrFailz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Unfortunately I don't think I'm working on this map anymore. I've done this to a couple of maps I was working on.. However I am now dedicated to a map I've been working on for like 3 weeks now.

Sorry about not going through with this.
I support using pulleys as an alternative to winches.
Rail travel: The better way to cross the wastes.
TheMrFailz

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Map making is definitely hard to master. It took me nearly a year to release my latest map. I've stopped almost altogether. Thank you for at least providing something interesting to read on here. XD
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Previous

Return to Community Maps