[Fixed][Bug]Duplicating Friendlycrabs.

Report Bugs Here.

[Fixed][Bug]Duplicating Friendlycrabs.

Postby It's only me, Jamie. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:13 pm

I mentioned this once when on the server, but I thought I'd share here what I've found out about duplicating headcrabs.

Fast headcrabs seem to be the only ones that duplicate, and it seems to happen once you pick up a normal or poison headcrab. Happens pretty much all the time.
I don't know if knowing how to recreate it will help you locate the bug at all, but at least it's reported on the forums now.
It's only me, Jamie.

Re: Duplicating Friendlycrabs.

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 am

explaining this a little further.

When you pick up a pet crab for the first time on a map, so long as you keep it in your inventory on map change it will duplicate, but the duplicate will only be a fast headcrab eveytime. so if i picked up 1 normal, 1 fast and 1 poison in a map then the map changed, on rejoin il have all 3 of those aswell as 3 more fast headcrabs.
its happens about 90% of the time but its not every single time.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks for the explination, will check this out.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm thinking it's the ownership script not reading the right tool id, but just the fast's tool id, but the pickup scripts were fixed so it would pick up the correct headcrab. I'm guessing when you own it the first time, it says "This is a fast headcrab" and adds it to the world cache, then picking it up says "This is a poison, take a poison from the world cache", and it goes "uhh, no poison here. I'll just make sure it's marked 0", but leaves the fast, so on map change, it gives you a fast since you still have one in world cache.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Going to work on this issue today, the method we used for having the 3 headcrabs currently is by having one ent that can be set with different models.
This is what confuses the itembase system.

The simplest fix is to split the headcrabs into 3 ents it seems. This should not affect existing headcrabs in inventory.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to Bug Reporting