[Fixed][Bug]trading

Report Bugs Here.

[Fixed][Bug]trading

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:23 pm

a bug thats been going on for a while but noone seems to have said anything.

sometimes why you trade someone it will give someone else the resources. for instance im A and wish to trade B 1 scrap, but the 1 scrap goes to C instead.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: trading

Postby Bobington » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:19 pm

I remember that happening before Gmod 13 and I believe Crazy and I tracked the cause to the players name, for some reason those with symbols in their name messed with the trading. Not sure if this is the case in this scenario.
Bobington
PNRP Server Admin

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:00 am

i had a feeling it would be somehow the placing of the name. like the trading knows that A is in the list as number 2, but on occasions some of the list muddles up so B's name goes to list as number 2 instead.

im probs just making up aload of bull thats just happens to sound right to me. :P

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 am

It seems to be a name issue, I need to rework the trade system to use the pid instead.

And if your wondering pid= Profile ID

Each profile has a individual ID.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:20 am

so im assuming my assumption wasnt all that wrong, apart from its just somehow muddling the ID's up then.

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:37 pm

This has to do with usermessages again (fucking usermessages). They're terribly unreliable, and when you connect, you receive usermessages about all the current players on the server telling you what their names are. But because usermessages are retarded, they don't have any lag compensation, and if the player lags while receiving a usermessge it...just won't be received. So the rpnames go out-of-sync. Kind of retarded.

Yeah, we do need to be using pid for this, but I don't really see this as our fault, other than using a shitty library. We're currently pushing all this stuff to the net library instead, to hopefully mitigate these issues.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to Bug Reporting