Car owner

Report Bugs Here.

Car owner

Postby POSTMAN » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Everytime i get my car out, it says owned by me, and no one else can unlock it, or put it into their inventory, but the game doesnt open the inventory pressing f3 on it, i have to unown and then reown it to fix this, this also occurs with locking, i cant lock it until ive first unowned then reowned it, also when you buy a car, it starts out unowned, not an issue, but we dont want people stealing now do we :P
POSTMAN
Developer

Re: Car owner

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:40 am

The car issue is probably from a slight change we did for ownership. Its in a bit of a transition stage right now. Soon we will be reworking that system.
eldarstorm
Developer

In reply to eldarstorm

Postby bizzclaw » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Is it not logical to remove the change from the official server, until this bug is worked out?
bizzclaw

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Unfortuently no, the door ownership system for example relys on the new system.
As it is, this issue will be patched in the next update that we are currently working on. On the Dev version, when you drop the car its now owned under both systems. As for when you create a car, we left it un owned to make sales of the car easier and becouse we had, at the time, thought abou tadding a system to limit how many cars one could have out at a time.
If we had the limiting system in place, it would make it harder for Engineers to sell cars to people.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Fixed and will be in the next update.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to Bug Reporting