PNRP hates me

Report Bugs Here.

PNRP hates me

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 pm

So since the Gmod 13 update we all know of the bug when sometimes you loose an item.

well not many people have had this issue but a few have, non of my friends have had it either :/

Anyways, since the start i have lost upto 8 solarpannels, 2 of which were kindly replaced, i also lost a vendor which was replaced, so im still 6 solars worth of resources short.

But to top it off, today i get THE WORST that has happened to anyone most likely. the map is about to change so i think, k ima save, i save with the save button and also type /save, a double save to make sure everytime, but to my suprise upon joining i had lost 2 Vendors, 2 Big miners and 2 solar pannles. now thats a shit ton of resources gone and this time it was a no refund, so im kinda pissed of as you could imagine.

and yeh i know its not your fault and im not blaming you, i would just love a fix, i mean i seriously see no point in playing and spending countless hours scavenging and such only to loose every bleady thing i make on mapchange or rejoin, i havent came across anybody thats had it as bad as i have :/

if theres any way to fix this i would say fuck every other bug and focus on this, once its fixed then there wont be any major issues for people (mainly me :/)
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: PNRP hates me

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:00 pm

We will try and pinpoint the issue. Next time you loose your stuff, try reconnecting to the server. I am trying to establish where in the loop its not retaining your stuff.

Also, /save does not have anything to do with player incventory or items spawned in world.

Inventory is instant, the moment its removed from your inventory, its removed from your database.
World cache is supposed to save the tools and such that you spawn in world, this is where the issue is. And sinse its sparatic, its one of the harder things to fix.

All /save does is saves your stats/xp/equipment.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:21 am

i see, well i dought il have the items when i rejoin but if i do then it'l be great, il be on it later tonight like usual.

if it happens again il message either you or lost in steam about it at the exact time it happens. if it'l help atall.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:57 am

Exact times are verry helpfull, this allows us to be able to pinpoint any errors in the log.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 pm

I pushed a update last night that I may fix the worldcache issue.

I need to know if it happens to anyone after last night. Make sure that the time they logged out was after last night as well.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to Bug Reporting