Fragnet sucks :/

Report Bugs Here.

Re: Fragnet sucks :/

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed May 09, 2012 9:08 am

I am pretty sure the whole situation with Donating is that lets say a minge donates, and they are later banned, they will get all bitchy about how they are banned and they donated and it isnt right because they donated and etc. That, and because on a whole, when some people donate, they automatically expect extra rights and special treatment. Its not right.
I'm not saying any of you would do this, however some people are shitty like that, and adding a donate section would cause those sort of situations.
However, I too would happily donate to PNRP, which is by far my favorite server. Maybe Eldar and Lost would accept donations on a more private way, such as if a friend would mail them something or etc. But other than that i personally think adding a public donation area is a bad idea.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed May 09, 2012 9:18 am

2 solutions to this.

1. adding a screen before donation will all rules applying for example "a donation is not for your cause, so dont be expecting anything from it, its just a nice thing to do.

OR

2. add a new group to the forum called "respected" or something and have donate only be shown to that group. then just add all respected to that forum group.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed May 09, 2012 9:31 am

The second idea, possibly.
The first idea won't be too effective, people will still bitch and complain.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby eldarstorm » Wed May 09, 2012 10:31 am

Rahl pretty much hit it on the head why I have not set this up yet. I have often thought about it, since alot have requested it. Since alot more seem to want to, I will look into it more this weekend.

As for hosting, I only use full hosting companies instead of other people's private dedicated servers or whatever. The reason with this is that if we used someone's else's server, we would not hasve as much controle, and would loose a level of accountability.

The other drawbacks of moving is that getting everyone to move to the new IP, if they are not using the postnukerp.net domain for connecting.

Will take a look at this over the next week.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Wed May 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Rough Draft of the Donations Page so far

All donations are apreciated and will help toward the running of any servers related to the projects of the Radioactive Cricket Development Team.

Few Notes and Rules on Donations:
1.Donating will not get you a position on the Dev staff.
2.Donating will not get you admin or respected/member on any of our hosted servers.
3.Donating will not exclude you from and rules for the gameservers, you can still get banned for breaking rules.
4.Donating will not get you unbanned from any of our servers if you did get banned.
5.Names of people who donate will not be posted by the Radioactive Cricket Dev Team.
6.Donations are final, there are no refunds.

Donating to this is not donating to TBU. While donating to this will help run the TBU Build server, the Minecraft server is not payed for by the Radioactive Cricket Dev Team, you will need to see the TBU Website for more details if you want to help with it. http://tbuservers.net
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Wed May 09, 2012 5:43 pm

oh, does that confirm a donation page then? woo!
high fives all around
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 am

eldarstorm wrote:Rough Draft of the Donations Page so far

All donations are apreciated and will help toward the running of any servers related to the projects of the Radioactive Cricket Development Team.

Few Notes and Rules on Donations:
1.Donating will not get you a position on the Dev staff.
2.Donating will not get you admin or respected/member on any of our hosted servers.
3.Donating will not exclude you from and rules for the gameservers, you can still get banned for breaking rules.
4.Donating will not get you unbanned from any of our servers if you did get banned.
5.Names of people who donate will not be posted by the Radioactive Cricket Dev Team.
6.Donations are final, there are no refunds.

Donating to this is not donating to TBU. While donating to this will help run the TBU Build server, the Minecraft server is not payed for by the Radioactive Cricket Dev Team, you will need to see the TBU Website for more details if you want to help with it. http://tbuservers.net

Put some emphasis on the not. alot of people read too quickly like me and will be like, awesome i get to be in the development team.
E.G:
1.Donating will NOT get you a position on the Dev staff.

Apart from that, this looks great.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Previous

Return to Bug Reporting