Concerns

Report Bugs Here.

Concerns

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:17 pm

There are a few bugs that may need some attention.

For one, there is a bug where if you withdraw over 30000 chemicals (from a stockpile) they glitch to a different number (such as 12000 or who knows) and you cannot get those materials back without dying and losing 10% of all your resources which adds up to well, a lot!

You drop double the ammo you had when you have two guns of the same ammo type upon death.

Somehow, when the server runs for a long time, you join and your upgraded backpacking is decreased randomly. You would normally have 160 pounds of storage as a scavenger with level 5 backpacking. When the bug happens, you only have 125. Rejoining does not help, only a map reset that can fix that.

The locker still ignores backpacking skills....

Those are the bugs that occur the most frequently.

Also, something I'm concerned about:

The engineer class skill applies to all tools, junk items, cars, and weapons. However, those discounts can not be used on items of other classes. If nothing can be done, no problem, but it seemed a little odd. Maybe remove the discounts for other classes' items and make it only engineer items are discounted.

Thanks,
CrazyKid.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Re: Concerns

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:54 am

Put those on my list.

As for the problem with the server running for a long time, that one will be the hardest part. It could be a innsue on gmod's side and something we may not be able to fix.

The Eng class skill affecting all other items is becouse the shop does not filter by class, so it does not distiguish. Will need to change that.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:26 am

Inoticed Crazy's post about Engineer's manufacutring skills,I noticed it doesnt affect ammo? I figured it should considering Engineers are the only class that make ammo. If they arent supposed to have ammo discounts, nevermidn this post :P
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:23 pm

I believe that resource problem isn't what you think it is. Sounds to me like variable overflow. The display is wrong, but you have those resources still. I'll see if that's the problem next time I'm on.

No idea on the issues with backpacking. I just have to go through all that code again.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:53 am

Hey Lost,

Yes you are right, players still have the resources. But until you die, you cannot use them / deposit them in a stock. And when you die, you lost 10% of them, bringing it to a lower overall number so you can see them again.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Return to Bug Reporting