Crazy's Bug List (8/20/11)

Report Bugs Here.

Crazy's Bug List (8/20/11)

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:13 am

Hello.

Here's a list of bugs that have been discovered by a few players and I over time.

Bug #1: The Backpacking Skill is randomly glitching. For example: I will join the server as a Scavenger (default 110 pack weight cap with that class) and will have Level 5 Backpacking (making my cap up to 160). However, I may only have a cap of 125 pounds. It says ###/125 in the inventory menu and 125 in the skills menu. The only thing that fixes this is a map reset, rejoining doesn't help. Perhaps a hook comes undone at some point.

Bug #2: The Community Locker is ignoring upgraded backpacking skills. As a scavenger I will try to withdraw items from the community locker, and my max weight cap is 160 pounds according to my inventory. However, the locker only goes up to 110 pounds, and afterwards says "You are only able to carry 0 of these!" when I try to take anything else out.

Bug #3: The prop protection system has been failing recently, at random times. Probably a hook coming undone or something like that. People are able to remove anything -- zombies, miners (even if activated), cars, everything -- with the toolgun.

Bug #4: If you leave the game while asleep you leave a ragdoll of yourself behind. This ragdoll essentially turns into a voodoo doll because if you rejoin and it's still there, someone can hurt the ragdoll killing you no matter where you are.

Bug #5 (already reported): The Shaped Charge can be duped endlessly by using the charge then typing /dropwep.

Bug #6: New worm babies cannot be physgunned. You have to pick them up before you're allowed to even touch them.

Bug #7: Headcrabs are not unownable. They can be physgunned by anyone, and they cannot be removed through the admin menu's "Remove Mobs" command.

Bug #8 (already reported): Players can access the Car Inventory menu by typing "pnrp_carinv" into console. They cannot dupe any items, thankfully. I have tried to with no success.

Bug #9: I wouldn't call this a bug, more of an exploit: Players can dupe their ammo (yes, again). Some person could join the server, not press the play button, type "pnrp_loadin" into console a dozen times then wind up with around 8000-9000 ammo instead of their original couple hundred AFTER they rejoin, as by doing this you are unable to load and must rejoin.

Bug #10: Sometimes the Automated Super Sonic Miner does not repel antlions. They will swarm straight at you ignoring the miner, then a less than a minute or just about a minute later they may start being repelled again.

If I find any more I will post them.

Thanks! :D
-CrazyKid
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Re: Crazy's Bug List (8/20/11)

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks, I will add most of these to the list.

#7, i was aware of. The reason the remove mobs button does nto remove them is becouse they are not technically part of the spawning system. And I had left the phys gun part since people sometimes used them as pets and at one point it was requested not to fix this. In the future I will have a replacement fo the pet thing and will try and lock down the phys gun head crab thing.

#10, Not sure how much can be done about this. I think this mainly has to do with the extended radious of the repellant for tthe miner. Will look into this though.

#5 I plan on takign care of when I get a chance. I will probably have to redo some of that system to look out for it.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:06 pm

No problem dude.

About #7, yep people still use them as pets, lol. I have seen a lot of them recently so I wouldn't mind the physgun part, but what I would like is if they could be removed with the Remove Mobs function.

EDIT: I'd like to make a correction on Bug #9: You type pnrp_loadin into console and then you can press Start Playing over and over, and that''s how the ammo is duped. My memory was a bit loose there.

Also, I just remembered one more bug that I forgot to list:

Bug #11: If you buy a grenade, and use it, and die, you drop a free grenade.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:17 pm

ive experienced EVERY one of these XD except for the ammo duping glitch if i find exploits i never tell anyone except the forums XD the thing with the prop protection hook should be fixed soon i had 3 big miners deleted the other day and it almost autosaved on me maybe have it check every maybe 30mins to an hour? can it be that hard to do that? i can live until they're fixed
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:04 pm

If someone deletes your miners rejoining should return them to you. The World Cache is not attached to auto save, its a seperate system.

As for fixing the Hook Crashing problem, it may not be possible. When the hooks crash, its a part of Garrys Mod that crashes, not exactly the Gamemode.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to Bug Reporting