Weapons vanishing

Report Bugs Here.

Weapons vanishing

Postby Orphious » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Im not sure if this is part of the game or not, but for some reason sometimes when I wake up after sleeping I dont get back any of my weapons and the only way to get the simple weapons, like the tool and phys gun, is to kill my self some how. :(
-Orphious
Orphious

Re: Weapons vanishing

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Seems to be a bug that happens randomly from time to time. We have tried several things to get arround this issue, but it still seems to happen from time to time. Will keep looking into ways of fixing this.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:24 am

What this bug centers around is the fact that you, when sleeping, you are despawned from the world and shoved into spectator mode, then respawned and given your shit back. For some reason, it glitches out and decides not to give your shit back. It's a bit odd, to be honest. We have yet to find out what it is.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:50 am

Safest way to sleep I've found is to always make sure you're sat in a seat/vehicle. Don't think it despawns you then though that may need some clarification from the Devs, though from apperances it just leaves you in your seat with a black screen during the sleep time, and when you wake and leave your chair you find your equipment wasn't removed, so it doesn't need to be reloaded.
CmdZoidberg

Postby LostInTheWired » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:08 pm

That is correct. When sitting in a chair or vehicle, you are not despawned, and thus don't need your weapons returned to you, thus working around the problem. We used to just make you stand while you slept, but people thought it was silly, so we did the ragdolling. Been a problem since.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to Bug Reporting