Chairs

Report Bugs Here.

Chairs

Postby Lord Rahl » Tue May 10, 2011 9:37 am

This is most likely a Gmod glitch, and not pnrp:
Often times inside buildings, and almost anywhere in bunker (due to the low ceilings) sitting in a chair, and getting out, will result in getting stuck in a wall. Occasionally, falling asleep will cause the player to get unstuck, but when this doesnt work, you will wake up and not pick up any weapons at all. (ammo may stay)
Yesterday, I accidentally fell asleep on the elevator going down from spawn, i got stuck in the elevator's railing when i woke up, I lost a few guns and grenades,

While losing weapons is frustrating, it isnt nearly as frusturating as having to wait to die, or change class to get unstuck. So i was curious if there could be a respawn/teleport command or something that will let the player respawn: dropping any equipped weapons/ammo where they were standing, and no material loss, unlike dying.
as a way to keep this from being abused, maybe you can make the command on a time limit, so you can only use it every 10 minutes, or something similar.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: Chairs

Postby eldarstorm » Tue May 10, 2011 11:54 am

I have thought about adding a unstuck command before. The chair thing is a gmod glitch not onto. So, untill we add that command just be careful
eldarstorm
Developer

Re: Chairs

Postby LostInTheWired » Sat May 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Eldar answered most of this, but I thought I'd add something. We've had issues with waking up and losing weapons on moving platforms built into the maps (such as the elevator in bunker). No idea why, but it's something to keep in mind when sleeping.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to Bug Reporting