Server Maintenance Overhaul [04/15]

Report Bugs Here.

Server Maintenance Overhaul [04/15]

Postby Namo 911 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:41 am

Health bar never decreases according to missing health measurements.

Combine spawns sometimes bug out, puts a few underground by the 3rd or 4th combine spawn.

Next to the character name when holding tab, the "Member of" does not display the community. (Ex: I am member of "Blah" but still shows it as "Member of N/A".

Ownership of props and items does not display appropriately. Items owned by characters cant be moved, but system still displays "Owned by:None/World". Props that should be owned by "World" are owned by "None".

Mobs seem more docile (Antlion Guards/Regulars and Fast Zombies). Walk where they need to go and only begin flying/charging when extremely provoked; only a major threat when attacked/touched basically. To put it into perspective, I wrote this entire entree while near a horde of antlions, and they did not kill me in that time.
Edit: They just frenzied and killed me as I finished this. Stupid zombies.

Inventory does not register as being near a car when obviously near enough to a car to access its inventory.

When accessing a friendly stockpile/locker, it will consider it as enemy and begin the process of forcing your way into it, similar to if it were another community's locker.

Player personal storage does not remove after being told to remove itself.
Namo 911

Re: Server Maintenance Overhaul [04/15]

Postby Face » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:43 am

-Shotgun viewmodel is missing a texture and likes to take up the screen whenever it is holstered or sprinting

-Server crashes every time I try to make something new
Face
PNRP Server Admin

Postby Namo 911 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Weight Tool does not display current or proposed weight when looking over props

Infinite Storage chests when placing one into an already placed storage chest. Works in certain conditions, haven't quite figured it out yet, but I managed to get another one every time I do this and log back into the server a few hours later.
Namo 911

Postby eldarstorm » Mon May 11, 2015 2:27 pm

Ok, so I have been working on the issue.
The problem is that Network Variables set on server no longer propagate to client.
This is why Dev mode works, but ASSMod and the Admin menu's are missing. The server sees admins as admins, but the client does not.

This is also why communities are screwed up, and their lockers. Its all good on the server side, but the client does not have the needed data.

It seems the "fix" for this is to use a Network Variable Wrapper that someone wrote.
I have already converted much of the code to use it, including ASSMod. So all is working well so far.
There is a bit of a delay with before testing on this though. The version I am updating is the version I have started part of my rewrite so I need to complete some changes before testing starts. I will probably upload ADDMod and the wrapper before pushing the rest of the updates.
From here on, and unless Garry fixes Network Variables, I will be including this library in the Gamemode.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Namo 911 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:39 pm

New round of stuffs to report. Just the random mishmash found in the first few days of the fixes:

Wire mod and E2 don't seem to work anymore. Buttons are all wonky, doors don't open. That sorta mix.

Bulk items create errors. Nothing major from the surface, Gmod just reporting something causing errors whenever an item is dropped into the 'Bulk' object model.

Doors can't be owned. All doors are already said to be owned by an entity under 'None'
Namo 911

Postby eldarstorm » Mon May 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Should all be fixed, let me know if I missed anything.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to Bug Reporting