[Bug] Power Links

Report Bugs Here.

[Bug] Power Links

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:07 am

Hello,

The power system in it's current state has an issue with links being linked in a specific order. The best way to describe this issue would be by saying that you can only send power in one direction and power cannot flow both ways through links.

A prime example is the linking of two power networks. Both networks are created in the same way -- they both send power from the power source to the consuming device. When you connect both of these networks, it is like going the wrong way on a one-way street head-on towards traffic. The power levels from both networks does not become shared because power cannot be sent in two directions. Essentially, they both clash and potentially break.

Another prime example is the backwards linking of your own network. By this, I mean instead of starting at the power source and linking outward toward the consuming items, you start at the items and link inward to the source. By linking backwards such as this, the power cannot be sent from the source to the items as it is being sent the wrong way through the links.

So, essentially, the system works like this: Point A to Point B, and never Point B to Point A.

Hope this helps out,
CrazyKid
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Re: [Bug] Power Links

Postby LostInTheWired » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:39 pm

Which is absolutely frustrating. I basically created a very basic pathfinding algorithm for this and there are some obvious, glaring issues. It will take a great deal of reworking, I'm thinking.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Re: [Bug] Power Links

Postby eldarstorm » Thu May 09, 2013 12:27 pm

eldarstorm
Developer

Return to Bug Reporting