Donater

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Donater

Postby Connor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Im suggesting yall get donater for your server.I know that yall would make alot if you sold scrap,chemicals,small parts,ect. people really like the server to where they wonder why there is no donator. respected shoud still be earned. you should make a in game store. if you want to buy stuff they just have to hit a button to see what they can get.I know it would be some hard codeing but it would be worth it .:) :?:
Connor

Re: Donater

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:03 pm

This type of Donation system goes against me and Lost's.... uhm... views on this sort of thing.
One of the reasons why we have the existing rules on the Donations pages.

http://radioactivecricket.com/?page_id=615

Personally I have never been a big fan of the whole "pay to win" type of system.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:41 pm

pay to wins really suck.

paying out of respect is great, and in some cases earning somthing as little as donator rank can be enough to get donations in. A rank that is in every way the same as normal guest but is just called donator, maybe a tag in the name or something, that way its worth showing your a donator without actually breaking the game in anyway!
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 pm

I'm just gonna say it flat out: Perks for donations is not a donation system. It's a purchasing system. Microtransactions in the worst possible way.

It's absolutely against every bit of ethics we have when it comes to donations. Donations are for those that like the server enough to want to contribute to it. There are no perks. There are no rewards, no skins, no names. All it is is a donor who feels good about themselves for contributing to what they spend so much time on.

It's also not like you can't just donate because you want to see more of our work. If we saw any sizable or decent donations, we'd probably continue working in GMod for fun. Either way, that's fine and dandy. Sure, give us a donation if you enjoy what we do to help support us, but we've made it very clear that we will not be rewarding people in any tangible way. It just feels wrong.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions