Another batch of new Ideas!

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Another batch of new Ideas!

Postby Lord Rahl » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:28 pm

So I saw a post about geothermal power, and realized we are missing a source of power we've been using for ages- wind power, and other forms of kinetic energy. Hydropower too.
Hydro power units must be in water Ofc.
I also had an idea on something- you know that pod that the combine drop in? What if a scientist had to try and get into it to uncover some sort of technology? Who knows what.
I also had an idea regarding communities- I think it should be possible to assign specific permissions for acts- such as giving a member the ability to recruit and set titles but not promote or etc.
I was running around the map the other day, shooting zombies and xp farming and I realized how much cars can take out of the game. I realize the idea of making cars run on fuel has been suggested a few times- but what if rather then fuel you could charge your car like a battery? It's just cars are currently a solution for too many things, can be used as storage, shelter, weapon against zombies, and even more.
I was thinking about how wastelanders still seem like an underused class, and I was curious as to what else we could use to balance this. I begun thinking of the wastelander's role as both the Tank and Veteran, and realized that they should have some other sort of crazy survivor style tool. I know I've mentioned traps before so I won't do so again, but what if the wastelander had a special weapon such as a crossbow or something similar? If not wastelander, then scavenger- it would be made out of multiple components which are rare drops found when scavenging? Ammo would be made by the wastelander as well, in the same way the the pulse rifle is the scientists thing.
I feel like each class should have their own specific weapon like that. Idk, just throwing ideas around.
I would also like to resurface my campfire idea, from a long time back, which I still think would be a great addition.
Running out of ideas fast so if you see any you like let me know also if you are new and you haven't read some of my past suggestions, go back and check them out, I have a lot of old ideas which make more sense now with certain additions to the gamemode :)
Peace out!
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: Another batch of new Ideas!

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Wind power could be great, but I think it would need to look like it is built out of salvage, to fit the theme.
I still hope that fuel becomes a feature with vehicles.
I've seen a campfire entity on the gamemode winter survival, shouldn't be hard to make. It consisted of a prescripted set of props with a fire going. It used some small HL2 wooden boards, and some small rocks. Was pretty simple, and awesome. I'd love to see it in PNRP.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions