Sell items from the world

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Re: Sell items from the world

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Keep in mind that if we do this, it will still depend on the Vendor for its base functions. Having the items work with the vendor will make it easier to do.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Nirvash » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Of course. I grinded my way to have 3, each with their own slot. So I'm already set.
Nirvash

Postby noobkillah10 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:24 pm

i have an idea for your idea, how about have pictures of the items in the vendor so people know the things being able to be bought, it would go along with his idea, but maybe a second item that you can make like preview screen you have to link to the vendor, and you can make it "flashy" and people could be like, "wow, that guy's vendor is very cool looking, i should check out what he has for sale. *looks at screen* COOL he has a pulse rifle for sale for only *price* that is awesome.I am going to now open the vendor and buy what i just saw, or if you have the items laying on a table, you still have to go to the vendor to buy it, or what he said earlier about holograms, we should have a separate items like 'hologram' and 'preview screen'.
Another day has dawned, and another adventure begins!

~Eddie Vargas

noobkillah10

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Making vendors flash or anything would be a stupid idea... no offence.

Preview isn't needed. There is an image and description that's all that's needed.

Also may I point out that new suggestions should be made on a new thread.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Display Items have now been uploaded to the server.
Update r104
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Nirvash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Loving it. Works perfectly, and has even MORE functionality than I expected or hoped for. And I'm also extremely glad to see more features being put in like bird pets. This game mode is growing quickly.

Just a couple little bugs with the displays though... First off, guns. The display models for guns jump and jitter around, and I'm not sure if that is intentional. But ammo and food items don't do that so I don't know. Everyone who sees it says it's "buggy" looking. And second, I'm not sure how to replicate it, but I've had cases of gun displays vanishing when someone interracts with them but doesn't buy them. This only ever happened when I had a display out for every item in a stack (2 shotguns, 5 pistols, etc) and was quickly corrected by spawning a new one. But it's still there for whenever a quickfix may be possible.

Keep it up! Best game mode on Gmod
Nirvash

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:08 pm

ya, the flicker look is acually the holographic affect on the items, food does not do it for some reason. The items also have a "blueish" tint to them as well. Once I get transparency working on them they will be partially transparent as well. So ya, the flickery look is feature, not a bug :P

Have heard about the issue with the item vanishing. Will have to do some more testing on it later on. If you would, next time there is a instance of it, post the details in the Bug section.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Dragoon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:14 pm

They look jumpy and glitchy because they're supposed to be like holograms (so people don't think they're the real item and think they can try to steal them XD). They would look more like this with transparency, but some of the coding is not allowing these effects to work at the moment from what i've heard. Also with some of the smaller props the buggy look doesn't seem too work as well, if at all.

Edit: Seems Eldar beat me to it =P
Dragoon
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:51 am

Any rate, great idea. Love the options this opens up for making your shop in game look good.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Nirvash » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:12 pm

I don't suppose there's any chance of us being able to pick whether or not to use the hologram thing is there? I personally think the displays make more attractive stores when the items are solid and appear to actually be there. And even has holograms, the models jump around way too frequently and too largely. I'd prefer it if they were just the vanilla models not modified, but if you HAVE to go the hologram route, I'd still disable the model jittering.

As for the bug I mentioned before, I'll put up a detailed thing in the bugs section. But I believe I've figured out how to replicate it. It's pretty much solved by having more of the actual item, than you have displays for it. Then the bug doesn't seem to occur.
Nirvash

PreviousNext

Return to PNRP Suggestions