A Promotional video and new rank

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

A Promotional video and new rank

Postby noobkillah10 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:36 pm

I love this server and i think there should be a promotional video regarding it, youtube and the website, can greatly increase the amount of popularity in this server, all we need is flight, a person who can record and has great fps, and lastly a great editor. i have a recording software but when i did a video on the server my fps drops to about 15. unless if somebody has time to look for an awesome recording software that is free and fast, and a guy who can edit the video with cinematic effects, this server kinda stays with the same people. plus there could be a new class regarding such, which is average, i have been on this server for about 2 months, give or take. I think we can have like if the person has been on the server for a certain time, they get promoted automatically and the other ranks are still chosen by admin regards. I am still thinking of a name similar to rp concerns such as maybe wanderer, or bomb survivor. ill leave this topic to be seen for a while ;) hope to see you guys soon.
Another day has dawned, and another adventure begins!

~Eddie Vargas

noobkillah10

Re: A Promotional video and new rank

Postby DevilsNipple » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:55 am

i think the server has plenty of promotion. We have videos on youtube, and as for getting the word out i think its better when players who enjoy the game invite their friends along, that was only dedicated players that will be cool and enjoying will play. too much promotion causes minges to play aswell as higher chance for DDOS, unlikely but can still happen and is not something id want happening or anyone else for that matter.

admittedly a good video can do alot but we get players coming on and just leaving due to being noobs or just not liking the gamemode. Others that enjoy it will invite there mates who wont be idiots making the whole gameplay better and also easier for admins.

as for adding another rank. that would most likely be a no. i see no point in that anyway, its perfectly good the way it is. Admins give players there higher ranks, having one for just playing alot is to make people feel better about themselves, but that would mean douchbags that play alot will also be ranked up even if they don deserve it.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 am

The rank will be a no.

As for a promo video, if we did one it would be for the gamemode itself and not the server for the most part.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:55 am

like an updated video of the one Crazy did i suppose
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 am

Crzy's video is more of a tutorial video than a promo, but ya it needs to be updated as well.
I have pondered doing a promo/trailer for PNRP before.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:48 pm

A new tut has been in my mind for awhile, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:29 pm

I remember crazy and a few of us did once start a trailer, but we never finished it

I have a good recording fps and Vegas, but I don't really feel like organizing/coordinating a video
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Ok, whwn I think of promo videos I think of something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... YSUpBLXDU#!

I know the process fo rmaking something like this.
1. Storyboarding
2. Music (Sometimes before storyboarding)
etc (other steps have been mentioned above.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:16 am

If thats the thing you're looking for, I've gotta say don't go for a "dramatic" apperance for our server. We're not exactly running a Serious RP server here. :P Go for more of a Fallout feel I'd say. Dark and wacky. A raider getting run over as he tries to eat a headcrab burger. That sort of thing.
CmdZoidberg

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 pm

You did not read my forst post it seems Zoidberg.

As for a promo video, if we did one it would be for the gamemode itself and not the server for the most part.

Would prefer to make one for the gamemode before making one for the server.
eldarstorm
Developer

Next

Return to PNRP Suggestions