New Vehicle

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

New Vehicle

Postby Cap-Coop » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:03 am

I understand topics like this seem to be super recurring in these forums, but have you ever though of adding something along the lines of one of TDM's vehicles for the sake of having a visually appealing car, that at the same time may require many different parts to create? Even then you could balance it out in the fact that for example. The VW Beetle (at least in single-player) seems to be incapable of climbing hills, but is still a really nice looking car. Along with that the problem with using /carseat and the seat just popping off when you pick-up the car is annoying.
Cap-Coop

Re: New Vehicle

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:41 am

I do not mind new car suggestions.

I dont see this making it into PNRP or onto the Official Server. While the car pack looks good, it does not fit the theme of the gamemode. Nice cars, but I dont think you would find that many nice cars in a post nuke wasteland.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Cap-Coop » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:08 am

I see your point, have you ever thought of incorporating some vehicles from the Source Vehicles pack though? It seems to do a fair job of turning the most of the HL2 junk cars and trucks into working vehicles.
Cap-Coop

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:43 pm

We use the junk cars because of how well they fit the theme. Damaged, barely working, that sort of thing. But hey, new vehicles are really not hard to add if you want to add them to your server. Just see how it's done in the jeep/jalopy item files and change the needed variables to what's used by your vehicles.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions