Gravity Gun: The Comeback.

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Gravity Gun: The Comeback.

Postby Xanuch » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Before anyone says anything about me not doing a search on this post, the last time this was posted on was in May of 2012.

As far as I know, punting with a gravity gun is as minge as it gets. Me and Plasmo were in a 2-player server messing about with my Gravgun needs, and realized a wooden box flung at the head is an easy 2 hit kill. Honestly, turning punting off entirely nulls out a section of junk items. It comes down to figuring out what can and cant be punted. In FPP (Falco's prop protection) There was a specific menu where what items can be punted, and what can't. I don't know what the current situation is with prop protection, but Edlar or Lost could probably poke at the code of it.

The pros of this:
♦ Allowing the good ol' fashion punting of stuff.
♦ Makes another capability of a science-created weapon. One that would make them a bit less of an indirect class of damage (aside from the ar2, which is a drop-reliant weapon. Sure, they can make the ammo, but whats a bullet without a gun?)
♦ Junk items no longer are worthless as bullet fodder / a dissapointment
♦ No longer just a weapon on the hotbar to quickly pickup and f2 items.
♦ Make an alternative to combat situations for those who prefer not to use guns.
♦ Another thing to add as a good crafting, would have to be steep though. (120-450-100, Parts: Servos, boards, sensorpods ahoy!)
♦ Another thing for rich vets to screw around for (Basketball, football, other recreational things that people can do idly. )

Cons:
♦ prone to abuse (Do I really have to go into this, anything can be abused. Seriously.)
♦ Possible prop killing by minges. This can be fixed honestly.
♦ Cant think of much, really. Punting stuff is kinda fun as a pinnacle of science. If you can make a fusion reactor, I'm damn sure we can use a gravity gun.

In short, it'll have to be closely watched but would add quite a layer of capable stuff to do, especially when it comes down to downtime during storms, inside. Which happen way to flippin often. I hate radiation storms :C
Xanuch

Re: Gravity Gun: The Comeback.

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:03 pm

The current situation is basically that we have a toggle to allow prop punting or to disallow it.

It's set to disallowed. I did really love the idea of the gravity gun only being able to punt specific props (junk props for example) because that would make the saw blade a lot more useful.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:29 am

making the gravity gun a craftable weapon. rather than a given sounds like a perfect solution really. make it like.

100-400-300
+[3 servos 1 pulse core and 1 waterjet cutter]

-or-

make it a combine drop
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby Xanuch » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:00 pm

As far as cons go, there isn't many aside from the obvious. Maybe a scripted version would do for basic handling, and a special upgrade to punt via a combine drop and a crafting bench for science guys. Heyo, there's an idea in itself. Engies get their bench, Cultivators get their tools. Wastelanders got stuff too. Its time the science guys get down in their labs of the lambda?

Maybe a combine drop is a good chance of said upgrade part, but dont make it solely based. A low chance from scavenging is rp friendly too, given the fact you can find intact cores of reactors and deuty fuel.
Xanuch

Postby CmdZoidberg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:00 am

Easiest way of neutering this weapon and making it so people aren't so inclined to use it is making it so prop kills made with the grav gun give no experience. The high cost of construction (with the inclusion of rare parts only dropped in combine raids) will dissuade people from using the weapon too often in raids. Thats my only real concern when it comes to the Grav Gun. It's use in PvP. I can't think of any practical restrictions to ensure its balanced for PvP. It's probably not even possible to be adequately balanced.
CmdZoidberg

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Prop kills already don't give experience.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby noobkillah10 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:25 pm

The sawblade in the parts menu, is supposed to be used with the grav gun, but when someone tries to fire it, it never flies killing anyone, so i kind of would not like the fact having to craft a grav gun, and the real reason is, you can make only rp props and map props usable with the grav gun.
Another day has dawned, and another adventure begins!

~Eddie Vargas

noobkillah10

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 am

I'd love to see the scientist create a usable grav gun, make it cost around 600 650 600, require an electronic multi tool, a few pulse cores and perhaps servos, and maybe make it so the scientist needs a workbench type tool called a "Lab" in order to make it. In fact now I have a seperate idea which I will go post.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Return to PNRP Suggestions