thumpers (more in-depth)

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

thumpers (more in-depth)

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:45 am

So thumpers are cool and all, but i think they need more, nothing game changing but something, more.

a guy on my server called Eagle Pro said a good idea about making them pull up parts aswell, like when you go scavenge there is a chance the pile will drop something like a saw or beans, i think its a great idea and would make great sense is the thumpers pulled stuff up too. Now now, i know you guys will think this will make scavenging pointless, but no i wasnt thinking that it should have the same chance to pull parts up, maybe make it very rare to pull a part up, but it would still make sense and be cool to have it pull something every now and then.
Maybe it can have a more % chance of pulling the bigger parts up where as scavenging will pull up smaller parts.

Second thing is: thumpers repel antlions, so how about the thumpers stop a mound from spawning in that area. i know its rare for one to ever spawn near a thumper, but it would be a good small addition if they stopped mounds coming up within the area.

And im not sure if this one is possible and i think i or someone else has mentioned it before, the large thumpers should repel antlion guards, or atleast make them change targets like there being disorientated
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: thumpers (more in-depth)

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:45 am

Not sure about the random part drop from a thumper.

The "dissable mound" thing is easy to do without having to do something with the miner. If a node detects 3 or more props within its zone it will auto dissable.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:07 pm

ahh fair enough

and i think it should be rare but the item drops should definatly occur, its makes no sence for scavenging piles to give these things and yet a thing mining right from the earth wouldnt :S. perhaps make it spawn something that scavenging would give you.

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Small parts fall in this kind of iffy considering realistic standpoints.
But when you go scavenge for something you are looking through piles of "left over" junk basically. Its like looking through a trash pile.

The miner does more what the name implies, it mines.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 pm

id find it odd that piles of junk are left on the surface but only scrap and small parts are found underground, surely after a post apocalypse more would have been left underground than above.

DevilsNipple

Return to PNRP Suggestions