Events

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Events

Postby Darksoul » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:01 pm

This is a bug that everyone is getting really annoying about.

First thing, these events don't just happen one at a time, it's usually Storm + Headcrabs, or Storm + Combine. Rarely the Headcrab and Combine events happen without the aid of a Storm. These events are not rare at all, they happen TOO much. The Storms are the BIGGEST problem. They happen every single 10 minutes and last sometimes over 5 minutes and then RIGHT WHEN THEY'RE DONE, it happens again. It's become a nuisance. Everyone just wishes storms would happen once every 30 minutes and last at the longest 5 minutes.

Yes, you guys did really well making these events and they sure are fun at times(excluding the storm), but they still need to be refined.
Darksoul

Re: Events

Postby Remnant John » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:13 pm

i'd like to see less storms, but more damage during the storms. perhaps like, 5-7 damage per hit, but only have storms every 20 minutes?

i don't mind the events being back to back, but i do notice where darksoul is coming from, they do happen at the same exact time alot
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:09 pm

i have allready suggested them being less often with more damage, didnt go well.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=707&p=2808&hilit=storms#p2808
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby noobkillah10 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Darksoul wrote:Yes, you guys did really well making these events and they sure are fun at times(excluding the storm), but they still need to be refined.

The thing is, i don't care about storms being too frequent, i just don't like when different events combine, when trying to fight the combine and a storm happening in the middle of an attack, all i frown upon is how events mix together. when i go to a map that not much people have and have to download from the main site makes combine events easier to go through without people taking crap that you should have, being even more annoying like the combine have come and someone takes a pulse rifle that someone else killed the combine who had it, i think having either an order, or when an event happens, no event can happen until that certain event ends, sorry if it is a bit chunky and some things are kinda badly written. :?
Another day has dawned, and another adventure begins!

~Eddie Vargas

noobkillah10

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:27 pm

The other events happening during a sotrm is random, but we will take take a look at how frequently the storms are happening.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:18 pm

I can definitely say that it is quite frequent that a storm and combine event start at the exact same time as one another.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:36 pm

That's because the storm/combine events do their dice roll at the same frequency. I'll have to edit the defualt time on the storm or somesuch.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:44 am

This has pretty much been taken care of. I have added a Events tab to the Admin menu. On the Official server Crazy will be limiting its use to mainly super admins. The reason is that the menu is a little complex in nature. The reason is that its compleatly dynamic, so that when other events are added I will not have to do anything to add the event to the menu.

With this the variables for the events can be changed. Crazy has allready reduced the Rad Storm rate from 50% to 35%. He has also increased the Combine event to possibly happen every 30 min, instead of 15 min.

eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions