Safe

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Safe

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:50 pm

so we have the locker now, which is very useful if your not in a community or dont get access to the community locker. but eople who are alone still have to carry a whole bunch of resources with them,

i was thinking do something just like the locker but only for resources, say it can hold a max of 1000-1000-1000. maybe have an upgraded safe that costs more aswell but holds 3000-3000-3000 so you dont need so many of them at once.

you could even, to still keep it at a slight disadvantage say that you may only carry safes or place them out, you cannot store resources in them and place it away in the locker or community locker. that way it still adds danger to loosing them as you'll mostly have them put out. i mean if you make them 10 weight then nobody's gonna want them in there inv all the time, so they will need to place them and protect them.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: Safe

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:58 am

Not everyone has thousands of materials. If this tool existed people would just put their materials inside it before dying then there would be no death penalty. It would definitely break the game.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:54 am

but if they did that then they would have to place the safe (just like the locker) and then have to select the profile and then have to scroll 3 wheels up to place their materials in. I really dont think "anyone" could manage that whole process before getting killed. your argument against this is just like saying "before you dye people place a locker down and place all their gun and ammo inside" but that never happenes.

DevilsNipple

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:32 am

That's not what I mean. People will have the safe out already, and they plan to die because of, let's say, hunger. They just throw their materials into the safe and go die and lose nothing. Same thing applies to any other situation. Like changing your class. Someone has a bunch of materials, and they want to change their class. They do so without losing anything by placing their materials in their safe. See what I'm saying? It's a game-breaker.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Have seen this used on the Minecraft server. People would just dump their stuff into a chest and then die of hunger so they did not have to worry about eating.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:03 pm

thats pretty much what alot of people do with community lockers or stock. gain 3 members so you can all place it when ever and then place items in before dyeing. i didnt think making it a tiny bit simpler while also making for a good useful object was that bad.

DevilsNipple

Postby CmdZoidberg » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:55 am

The only way I could see this coming into the game, is if it was only able to hold a limited number of resources per safe. Even then... The rich still get off easy as they'll be able to buy tons of these things and store whatever resources they have whenever they want to go get a free health top up or class change. Its one of those things that only benefits the rich and not everyone in the server, the rich have enough benefits as is being able to buy pretty much all the tools they'll need to secure an area and become self sufficient. Adding in this will pretty much just defy the reason that the death/class switch penalty was even put in.
CmdZoidberg

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:29 am

i used this idea for the poor not the rich. most rich people dont need them as they ave the community stock. also if you have so many of these and there all out in your house or something, then whoever break in has a jackpot of loot, so you wouldnt want more than 2 or 3 at the most or youd be screwed.
it was an idea for people without a community to store their resources just like the locker was made to help non community people store items.

DevilsNipple

Return to PNRP Suggestions