Suggestion Topic: New Events

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Suggestion Topic: New Events

Postby Kamakazi Cat » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:44 am

Here's a couple of events that could be added. Just ideas.

Event 1: Mining Frenzy
Description: Miners seem to be working on overdrive!
What Happens: Miners bring up more resources, but use more power.
Chance: Very small, maybe 10% every 60 minutes.

Event 2: Trader Joe
Description: Trader Joe and his caravan are in town! Stock up now!
What Happens: An Npc appears at the main part of every map with a trading caravan. Players can buy and sell things from this caravan. The caravan would leave after 5-10 minutes.
Chance: Small, maybe 10% every 15-30 minutes.

Event 3: Crab Pods
Description: Several headcrab pods have been launched from an unknown location. Find them!
What Happens: Several headcrab pods spawn on the map, friendly and unfriendly headcrabs spawn around them.
Chance: About 15-20% every 30 minutes.

Event 4: Pilot Down
Description: A combine drop ship has crashed somewhere on the map.
What Happens: A combine drop ship and combine appear on the map. They are both ragdolls. Around the ship, several containers containing resources and items are found.
Chance: About 15-20% every 60 minutes.

All of the chances are suggestions, they could be changed as needed. Leave feedback or changes.
Kamakazi Cat

Re: Suggestion Topic: New Events

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:54 am

Event 4 is something we have allready been thinking about acually :P
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:28 am

i wouldnt mind headcrab canisters dropping, say like 5 around the map at once, all with different random types of headcrab. (none of them friendly though)

Also,

Event 5: EMP
Description: An EMP storm wipes out all electronics on map.
What Happens: All red dot sights/turrets/miners/solars/generators and everything else eletrical just power down and cannot be used untill after the storm ends. also vision is slightly blured in a blue fade, but not that noticeable.
Chance: About 10% every 30 mins
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby CmdZoidberg » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:26 am

Would that even be possible? To manipulate the weapons models in such a way? Seem's awfully fussy for something so small. :/ The idea itself seems good. Perhaps it could become a precursor to the Combine Invasions? Or perhaps developing more on both, the current Combine Invasions could be Combine Scouting Missions, then when an EMP blows out it means a -real- invasion is about to take place, with significantly increased numbers of Combine to the scouting mission spawning, or have it so the EMP is the precursor to the Combine Dropshit Crash event. All good ideas I think.
CmdZoidberg

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:50 am

could do. emp before a big invasion sounds good.
it shouldnt be too hard to do, only like 2 weps have red dot sight and then all the other tools just need to turn off, wouldnt have thought it'l be bad

DevilsNipple

Postby It's only me, Jamie. » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:59 am

I had the same thoughts about an EMP/Solar Flare type event that knocks out electronics, I think it would be interesting to plunge everyone back to those early days when you first joined, where if you want something you go out and scavenge it (Not that they'd really need to because of massive stockpiles, but still).
I'd definitely like to see that make it in.
It's only me, Jamie.

Postby Kamakazi Cat » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Eldarstorm posted: Event 4 is something we have allready been thinking about acually :P

My thoughts on the EMP:

Sounds interesting, but there are already rad storms. If you put too many more events that cause a lot of trouble, soon your electronics will be wiped out every 30 minutes, and then you'll get caught in a rad storm trying to fix them.
Kamakazi Cat

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:02 pm

no no, its 10% chance every 30 mins (or something similar) meaning its a 1 in 10 chance every 30 mins, pretty low, also there are ways of making it so other events dont happen at the same time, for instance stopping the rad storm from hapening which emp storm is on.

plus Radiation storms were created mainly for 1 reason: keeping people/groups inside so they must work together.

the emp storm will work in a similar matter: no electronics meaning what you have is what you get, no more hording items for the time being and people must work together to get things sorted until the storm passes.

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:24 pm

CmdZoidberg wrote:Would that even be possible? To manipulate the weapons models in such a way? Seem's awfully fussy for something so small. :/ The idea itself seems good. Perhaps it could become a precursor to the Combine Invasions? Or perhaps developing more on both, the current Combine Invasions could be Combine Scouting Missions, then when an EMP blows out it means a -real- invasion is about to take place, with significantly increased numbers of Combine to the scouting mission spawning, or have it so the EMP is the precursor to the Combine Dropshit Crash event. All good ideas I think.

Some we could. The dot sight on the AR2 for example, I could disable. The one on the SMG-LOST is one I'm not sure of. Not really talking about the rest, just telling you I can modify some of the goodies.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 am

LostInTheWired wrote:
CmdZoidberg wrote:Would that even be possible? To manipulate the weapons models in such a way? Seem's awfully fussy for something so small. :/ The idea itself seems good. Perhaps it could become a precursor to the Combine Invasions? Or perhaps developing more on both, the current Combine Invasions could be Combine Scouting Missions, then when an EMP blows out it means a -real- invasion is about to take place, with significantly increased numbers of Combine to the scouting mission spawning, or have it so the EMP is the precursor to the Combine Dropshit Crash event. All good ideas I think.

Some we could. The dot sight on the AR2 for example, I could disable. The one on the SMG-LOST is one I'm not sure of. Not really talking about the rest, just telling you I can modify some of the goodies.

Yeah the one for the SMG-LOST is what I was wondering about. Since it's an integral part of the model and not something that's been slapped on afterwards like with the AR2's scope.
CmdZoidberg

Next

Return to PNRP Suggestions