name tags

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Re: name tags

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:55 am

Only reason I figured the crouch thing would indicate they were "sneaking" around
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:30 am

yeh. how about use both idea. i mean use a way to toggle your own tag on and off so noone else can see it, but also have it so when your tag is on and you crouch it becomes more translucent and you need to be closer to the person to see it appear?
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Mitchy » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:00 am

One thing to take into consideration is the usability of these commands. At the moment main things are in the TAB menu which keeps it simple. So perhaps a Character/Player settings menu is in order. I have seen the help file with commands in it, is that going to be released to the public as well? Because you have to know the command to type it, there's no known list of commands.
Mitchy

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Actually I have planned on making a character settings window but other things have taken priority
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:26 pm

It's something we'll have to think about, for sure. If we do that though, and someone tries to rob you with their "face hidden", as it were, we need to make it so they can discover who it was after they've been shot. A bit of investigation on the body to determine it or something. Nothing big, just pressing E on the body or something, to see who it was.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:10 am

LostInTheWired wrote:It's something we'll have to think about, for sure. If we do that though, and someone tries to rob you with their "face hidden", as it were, we need to make it so they can discover who it was after they've been shot. A bit of investigation on the body to determine it or something. Nothing big, just pressing E on the body or something, to see who it was.

Don't some RP servers have a similar system? Where you can inspect dead bodies to determine the cause of death, who the deceased is and who might be their killer? Sure I remember it being linked to a skill system...
CmdZoidberg

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:23 am

its the main system for ttt that is, body detection.

anyways, sounds daft but how about turning on the kill text, like where it shows in top right corner. that shows who killed who and even how, if a prop kills someone it even says that, so as much as its not quite rp we could atleast see who did it and it would make administrating arguments and such easy too. i know one of your reasons for turning it off wopuld have also been everytime a zombie dies iut shows, but i have seen ones which ignore npc kills or death and only do player to player.

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:00 am

I could see the kill text being turned on as a issue. It would cause issues with Raids, and in other situations where others do not know whats going on would make them freak out.

The suggestion Lost had about pressing E on the zombie body after you kill it would be doable.
Could say something like

Here lies the remains of Bob.
You can see that Bob was killed by Ed with a knife.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:18 am

perhaps make bodies drop a grave stone. the grave stone stays for like 1 min max or somthing and you click that to get the info. then for encase a person has equipment make the positioning for suitcases slightly forward sop the suitcase spawns right in front of the grave.

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Grave stone would clutter up areas and get in the way in enclosed areas. Since the zimbie leaves a body behind we can have them look at that.
eldarstorm
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to PNRP Suggestions