Clays super fun list of ideas.

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Clays super fun list of ideas.

Postby Face » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Hey again, PNRPers. There's a bit of a story behind this one. Clay and I have been chatting in pn_bunker for a while and he came up with several unused props in-game that could possibly become very useful soon-to-be-released tools. I'll place them in links, mainly because I don't want to stretch out the page.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =113506465
Stove: Upon placing all your cooking tools on this tool, items are able to cook with 50% less resources.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =113506412 (Don't mind the chef.)
You know how the smelting furnace can turn small parts into scrap? What if there was a tool which did the exact opposite? We call it the Metal Compressor.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =113506483
Lets start from left to right respectively. That gray box could serve as a power conductor the same way an Or(Any) chip works. Multiple outputs, one tool.
The one in the middle, however, can serve as a rather large battery. It can be recharged by hooking up solar panels to it. Very useful if you're going into Bunker and you've been saving up electricity in a different map.
Last but not least, the one on the right is an add-on to the miners. For an even trade of less scrap and small parts, it spits out various parts, the servo being the most common.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =113506529
This one is a personal favorite. See that prop to the right? Good. So we were thinking "Hey, it seems kinda odd that the scientist can pull the ammunition required for a pulse rifle out of his arse. Thats kind of the Engineers thing." So, why not make a tool much like the workbench that is required to make pulse ammo? And the parts required are drops from the combine NPC's? The other parts, however, could possibly be add-ons for the turret. One can increase the turrets accuracy, while the other increases its range. I don't think you should be able to stack the two, for good measures.

Either way, those are the ideas that clay asked me to submit. All credit goes toward him and CmdrZoidberg.

Published by Face & Co.™ Publishing Department. Copyright 2012, All Rights Reserved.
Face
PNRP Server Admin

Re: Clays super fun list of ideas.

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:53 am

1. I love the stove prop you found. That would be so cool.
2. I think that could be a good idea.
3. The power relay is already in the game, it serves the same purpose. So I don't think it's necessary. I like the battery idea, though! A very large battery would be pretty cool. But I don't like the idea about the miners. Miners should not be spitting out spare parts that you should have to find or build in any way, in my opinion.
4. I don't like this idea, because from what you said it's only point would be to build ammo. That seems like making another tool for a small reason. Meh. I do like the turret addons though. Those would be cool!
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:58 am

I'll add to some of these what has not been said which I did mention in discussion over the props. :P

1) For the stove to work I'd personally like to see the cost of cooking food rise. At present if you were to halve costs with the stove, you're paying just 2 chems for the most commonly cooked edibles in the game, Antlion and Headcrab meat. Thats a bit -too- cheap I think. In fact I've always felt that food has been way too cheap. Making it so that the cost reduction is incremental with the number of tools set down on the stove would be preferable too. So just setting down the deep pot would only give like a 10% cost reduction, as opposed to non until you get all the cooking utensils. One or two tools and recipes should be excluded from this too. As I don't see how having a coffee pot will make cooking an Antlion Stirfry any cheaper.

4) The thought I had for this one was that the prop would become the Scientists "Workbench" and be required to fabricate not only the pulse rifle ammo, but also the SLAM Charges, batteries health kits and such. As has already been stated, it's sort of the engineers thing to be pulling stuff out of his ass, and scientific fabrication just seems too easy as is (as does most of the game. Personally everything should have a workbench I think! :P) There was also discussion of having the hopper mine you can see becoming a craftable explosive (utilising thise workbench once more), though to balance it out it can only be used against players and it cannot be carried around like most tools. It would be like the other explosives you find in the the miscellaneous shop, where once they're placed they're in the game world for good until blown up. Just to keep people from creating an arsenal of these things.
CmdZoidberg

Postby Face » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 pm

[TBU|FN] CrazyKid wrote:4. I don't like this idea, because from what you said it's only point would be to build ammo.

The smelting furnace only has one purpose, and yet that made it into the game. The reason why I think the pulse ammo maker is such a good idea is because the rifle itself is foreign technology. Not everyone, even a scientist, is going to know how to make ammo for it.
Face
PNRP Server Admin

Postby CmdZoidberg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:21 pm

Just figured I'd give this thread a bump since it seems to have gone under the noses of Eldar and Lost.
CmdZoidberg

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:08 am

eldar and lost read practically everything far as im aware, but according to what eldar said he just sometimes forgets to comeback to it.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Yeah, I read it a while back, but haven't responded. I'll get to it soon.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions