Limits

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Limits

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:23 pm

The server gets into a shit ton of lag when too many things are out at once, being miners and grubs.

in the old PNRP server you guys limited grubs out to 20 max, and i think that should be placed back in as a rule again.

Also miners create too much lag aswell, people always have about 7 out and it lags up then crashes every time.

i think limits should be:

grubs - 20 MAX
Miners - 5 MAX
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: Limits

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:57 am

Adding a limit to miners is something I would avoid; the power system already helps control how many miners can be online. But as far as it goes for grubs, that is up to the admins online. I can agree that we should not allow people to have over 20 worms out at once. They do cause lag. If I saw anyone with a farm bigger than that I would ask them to remove some worms.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:06 am

When the new measures are put in to combat ent induced lag as Eldar and Lost have already mentioned I don't think we'll be needing such harsh restrictions on these tools anymore. Save for the wormies... Those will always need someone to watch there numbers, with or without a dropped resource clean up script. :P
CmdZoidberg

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:22 am

Miners are the things causing the most issues at the moment. Someone had 7 out all bunched up and it made looking in that direction lag for everyone. Not good atall.

DevilsNipple

Postby CmdZoidberg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:19 am

I wish people would stop confusing "lag" with "frame rate drops".
CmdZoidberg

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:21 am

Same old same old. Alot of the time it is just directional but many times it actually crashes the server. Either way its the damn miners

DevilsNipple

Postby CmdZoidberg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:16 am

Miners at most create frame rate drops. It's the entities, the loot they drop which induces lag.
CmdZoidberg

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 am

all im saying is that i dont know if there cleaning them up right or not but we crashed twice the otherday and the only thing i could see that seemed to be causing any lag were 7 clumped together miners. i know many people that cant play right because if they look over in that direction there fps drops like crazy and they spend the whole time walking sideways to not get lag.

DevilsNipple

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:28 am

The way you are describing it, I don't really have that problem even when there are 7 miners in the map (which there are that many on, a lot of the time).
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:43 am

it doesnt effect me really atall. im only complaining for my friends who i have to put up with the wining about it over skype xD.

also i see many people writing in OOc about the directional lag.

the main point to this aswell is that it has on 2 occasions actually crashed the server (best evidence leads to it being the miners).

DevilsNipple

Return to PNRP Suggestions